Am Donnerstag, 2. April 2009 08:21:16 schrieb florian.engelm...@bt.com:
> > > Hello,
> > > I spent the whole afternoon to search for a good heartbeat v2
> > > documentation, but it looks like this is somehow difficult. Maybe
> > > someone in here can help me?
> >
> > The only good doc is Andrews Configuration_Explained. See:
> > http://www.clusterlabs.org/mediawiki/images/6/61/Colocation_Ex
> > plained.pdf
>
> Thank you Michael nice link!
> http://www.clusterlabs.org/mediawiki/images/f/fb/Configuration_Explained.pd
>
> > On the other hand, if you understand German, I could suggest
> > you a very good book from O'Reilly ;-)
>
> Yes we will order this book.

Thanks.

> > > Anyway I have a short question about "stickiness". I only
> >
> > know about
> >
> > > sun cluster but I have to build up knowledge about
> >
> > heartbeat cluster
> >
> > > since we are running two debian heartbeat clusters now.
> >
> > Be sure to get really the latest packages from Linux-HA. The
> > default debian packages are a little behind. There exist a
> > lot of improvements and bug fixes in the mean time.
>
> At the moment we use the stable debian lenny packages. Do you know any good
> debian repository for the latest HA packages?

www.multinet.de/debian
Weekly builds of pacemaker with heartbeat only. No OpenAIS stack needed. When
I find time I will integrate OpenAIS packages and 64 bit arch.

> > > Those two are failover clusters providing web services, nagios and
> > > vserver virtual hosts. Let's say resource_group_a is
> >
> > running on node1
> >
> > > and resource_group_b on node2. If I reboot node2
> >
> > resource_group_b will
> >
> > > switch to node1. But if node2 is up again resource_group_b
> >
> > will switch
> >
> > > back to node2. That is what I don't want the cluster to do. No
> > > switchback... How can I do that?
> >
> > Set the resource-stickness of the group_b lets say to 100
> > points. Then the group will stay on the node it runs on until
> > the difference in score calculation due to other constraints
> > is more than 100 points.
>
> Works perfect! Thank you!
>
> > > And which command is used to switch one resource group to
> >
> > another node
> >
> > > (not marking any node as "standby")?
> >
> > crm_resource -M -r <resource_name> -H <host_to_migrate_to>
> >
> > unmigrate with
> >
> > crm_resource -U r <resource>
>
> Also worked perfect!
> Thank you Michael.
>
> Best regards Florian

You are welcome.

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
MultiNET Services GmbH

mail: mi...@multinet.de
web: www.multinet.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: 85630 Grasbrunn
Geschäftsführer: Günter Jurgeneit, Hubert Martens

---

PGP Fingerprint: F919 3919 FF12 ED5A 2801 DEA6 AA77 57A4 EDD8 979B
Skype: misch42