Hi all,

I'm having problems getting a split-brain to work (for demo, yes that's
right). Basically, I have an active/passive cluster both configured with
pingd like below. When the ping node is not reachable on the primary/active
(i.e. I unplug the cable..), a failover occurs to the backup and vice-versa.
However, I expect that when the ping node is not reachable from both nodes,
a split-brain should occur resulting in the cluster resource running on both
nodes at the same time. I need this to happen for demonstration. I'm pretty
sure it's to do my config but not sure what to change so that a split-brain
would occur when both cluster nodes cannot ping the ping node. My cib.xml
file is attached and my ha.cf file is displayed below.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p23762887/cib.xml cib.xml
gabbep

My ha.cf file:
use_logd on
udpport 694
keepalive 2      #2 seconds interval between heartbeats
deadtime 10
initdead 20
bcast eth0 bond0 #send heartbeats on eth0 and bond0 for redundancy
respawn root /usr/lib/heartbeat/pingd -m 100 -d 5s   # failover on network
failures
ping 1.2.3.4
#apiauth default uid=root
node primary backup
crm yes          #enable Heartbeat V2-style w/ cluster manager
#auto_failback directive only applies to R1 style haresources. The
corresponding attribute in R2 is the resource_stickiness (in the CIB file)
#auto_failback yes

PS. surprisingly, a failback still occurs albeit it's commented out in the
ha.cf file.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.