On 06/11/2010 07:46 AM, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 10:57:05AM +0200, RaSca wrote:
>> Il giorno Gio 03 Giu 2010 12:29:18 CET, RaSca ha scritto:
>>> Il giorno Gio 03 Giu 2010 11:48:21 CET, Lars Ellenberg ha scritto:
>>> [...]
>>> There's no difference. As you can see from the hb_report, even if I'm
>>> mounting with nolock nothing changes and the error is the same. Note
>>> that the client from where I'm mounting is a Debian Squeeze.
>>
>> Finally, after a very long time, here is the solution (thanks to
>> Neil Brown from NFS Mailing list). Instead of declaring a group like
>> in this line:
>>
>> group store store-ip store-LVM store-fs store-exportfs
>>
>> I had to change the order:
>>
>> group store store-LVM store-fs store-exportfs store-ip
>>
>> Putting the ip at the end of the startup process and so at the begin
>> of the stop process everything works and the failover is smooth even
>> if I'm writing on the nfs share (the write stops for a moment and
>> then restarts).
>>
>> It remains a little bit strange that exportfs -u does not unlock the
>> exported filesystem, but removing the ip first makes things goes
>> smooth, so
>
> Glad that it works for you now.
>
> Reading the Florian's configuration, just like you he also
> started IP before exportfs and didn't run into any problems. What
> was Neil's reasoning?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dejan
>
>> Many thanks to all the guys that helped me!

Wow. Great find. I have been mucking with debian lenny init scripts,
configuration files, and anything else I could think of
trying to get this to work properly for well over a month now.

The only difference is I am using an active/passive setup.  I've simulated
about 1000 manual tests, and all worked fine.

Not to beat a dead cat but....

Does the removal of the IP free up (or break) the file system locks that cause
the file system unmount to hang?

Have we encountered a bug in the Debian implementation of NFS? (because
exportfs -u doesn't work as advertised)

Thanks again.

Terry