Il giorno Ven 14 Gen 2011 16:07:42 CET, Dejan Muhamedagic ha scritto:
[...]
> Unfortunately, it cannot really improve situation in any way.
> Dropping half the agent and not knowing where is the problem is
> not helpful. At least not if you want to share your findings
> with the community.

I perfectly know, but my goal for now was to solve my problem, as I
repeated (too) many times in these days, I was in trouble with a
customer and simplifying the script was the first step to understand how
this was made.

> One of the possible explanations is that the target simply
> wasn't ready at the time it tried to start (as it has only be
> made available by the previous service). So, perhaps inserting a
> Delay resource in between could help here. If so, then maybe
> iSCSI* agents need to make sure that the service is really ready
> after start exits.

Consider that I have reproduced a virtual environment that can be used
for doing all of the tests needed.
I don't think that delay is the solution, but I agree with you that
maybe reviewing the discovery code issue can help us.

> Looking at the diff, though it's simply impossible to figure out
> what changed because so many things did, it looks like you
> dropped the discovery code (iscsiadm -m discovery). Was that
> where you had problems? Well, we'll probably never know for
> sure.
> Unhappy,
> Dejan

I can say for sure that we will surely know. As you can see, in all of
my posts (and projects) I never give up until there is a clear solution
to the problem. I will find out also in this case.

Thanks again,

--
Raoul Scarazzini
Mia Mamma Usa Linux: Niente รจ impossibile da capire, se lo spieghi bene!