On 02/14/2011 04:45 AM, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
>> <aanlktinuc9_oqpwjubxrdmqkncqvnqx68a_1kbqss...@mail.gmail.com>:
>> [...]
>>> Exactly.
>>> Read that line again a couple of times, then read "clusters from scratch".
>> [...]
>>
>> Which makes me wonder: Can a one-node-cluster ever have a quorum?
> Not really, which is why we have no-quorum-policy.
>
>> I think a one-node-cluster is a completely valid construct. Also with
>> Linux-HA?
> Yep.

If you're using the Heartbeat membership stack, then it is perfectly
happy to give you quorum in a one-node cluster.

In fact, at one tmie I wrote a script to create a cluster configuration
from your /etc/init.d/ scripts - so that Pacemaker could be effectively
a nice replacement for init - with a respawn that really works ;-)

--
     Alan Robertson<al...@unix.sh>

"Openness is the foundation and preservative of friendship...  Let me claim
from you at all times your undisguised opinions." - William Wilberforce