On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 02:49:01PM +0100, Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 10:02:01AM +0100, Alain.Moulle wrote:
> > Hi Dejan
> >
> > I tried to reproduce the latency pb between commands, bt with only
> > some Dummy resources :
> >  Resource Group: group-dummy1
> >      resname1   (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Started chili2
> >      resname2   (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Started chili2
> >      resname3   (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Started chili2
> >      resname4   (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Started chili2
> >  Resource Group: group-dummy2
> >      resname5   (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Started chili2
> >      resname6   (ocf::pacemaker:Dummy): Started chili2
> >

> > and in fact when using crm to start /stop for example :
> > crm resource start group-dummy1
> > (this one is instantaneously taken in account)
> > then just after the first one, I do : crm resource start group-dummy2
> > there is a latency of 10 to 14 s before the resource
> > is displayed "started" via crm_mon
>
> Normally, pacemaker reacts as fast as it can. The explanation
> must be in the logs.

Instead of "crm resource x start/stop", try
  crm_resource -r x -p target_role -v started
  crm_resource -r x -p target_role -v stopped

iirc, crm sends a cib replace, which causes re-election of the DC,
which may or may not take some time.

crm_resource will send a cib diff update, no re-election will be done,
and it just goes directly -> policy engine -> transition engine.

May or may not help ;-)

--
: Lars Ellenberg