Nachricht <20111205124226.GA18670@walrus.homenet>:
> Hi,

> > Nachricht <20111201101646.GA11310@walrus.homenet>:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > On Thu, Dec 01, 2011 at 08:37:57AM +0100, Ulrich Windl wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> > >
> > > I'm not sure :) You seem to be very proficient at programming,
> > > why don't then just take a look at the code in glue/clplumbing.
> > > Search for exec_time.
> >
> > Hi!
> > In which package? pacemaker? CRM? LRM?
>
> In cluster-glue.

Hi!

Found the implementation in lib/clplumbing/longclock.c with uses times(2) to
get the resource usage. The units are measured in "clock ticks" which are an
obsolete concept by now. As Linux one worked with "CLK_TCK == 100", that
resolution is a multiple of 10ms.
As it seems, getrusage(2) has a more powerful interface despite of the higher
resolution clock.

I don't know the motivation for the initial selection of times(). Maybe it's
that times() existed for more than 30 years.

Regards,
Ulrich