Hi Andrew,

not big effort, as I usually address lots of little HA clusters in  a HPC
cluster,
so most of modifications are scripted and performed from a central node .

I agree that this way of change must be exceptional , but in certain cases
it would have be useful for me. Just an example that cames to my mind :
when Pacemaker has been stopped on all nodes with all resources Started,
and for any reason you want to start Pacemaker but being sure that none
of the resources will start , you could set all target-role to Stopped
before
launching Pacemaker. That 's an example among some others.

And another example would be to set a first configuration before the
first start of Pacemaker, just  by putting a cib.xml file in place, with
all
resources configured in the file. But I'm not sure that this case will
work with the rm -f *.sig because there are not yet any .sig file as
Pacemaker
has never been started yet, so ... I'm quite sure it is not possible to
pre-configure all things before starting Pacemaker (just like with the RH
Cluster Suite where you can put in place a pre-configured cluster.conf
with all infos/resources inside and then start the CS)

Alain