Hi,

> What I do is evaluation od SLES11 SP2 (we run SP1) now. So testing anything
> that's not part of SP2 (plu Updates)
> is not planned right now.

> I also think when reporting problems here early might get you mentally
> prepared when the problem is eventually
> reported via official support.

> Maybe also in times of google, other people may be interested to see what
> other people found out.

>From my experience with SLES11 SP2 (with all current updates) I conclude that
>actually nobody is seriously running SP2 without local bugfixes.

E.g. Even the most simple examples from the official SuSE documentation don't
work as expected.

A trivial example is ocf:heartbeat:exportfs as distributed by SuSE with SP2
causes unlimited growth of .rmtab files (goes fast in the gigabytes for serious
NFS servers). I could work around this issue using some shell scripting.

There are other issues which are more than annoying and actually make the SLES
SP2 HA Extension unusable for production systems. E.g. clvmd cannot be made
less verbose from the cluster configuration. (No daemon_options="-d0" does not
help!)

Not funny is also the fact that the official SLES 11 SP2 kernels crash
seriously (when a node rejoins the cluster) when using STCP as recommended in
the SLES HA documentation and offered via the wizards. It took me a while to
find out what was going on.

When setting up a system with many (rather simple) resources funny things
happen due to race conditions all over the place. (can be worked around mostly
using arbitrary start-delay options.

Oh, did I mention that situations which are actually forbidden by constraints
(e.g. using a score of INFINITY) actually do happen... Depending on the
environment this can lead to not so funny effects.

E.g. I defined the following constraints:

colocation c17 inf: p_lsb_ccslogserver p_fs_daten
order o34 inf: p_fs_daten p_lsb_ccslogserver:start

I can proof from the logs that ccslogserver (an application) got migrated from
node A to node B while p_fs_daten (a filesystem on top of drbd) was definitely
still running on node A

Reporting bugs is not possible without a direct support contract. (You must
enter into a support contract with SuSE before you can even report a bug or
provide a patch ....)

Regards

Martin Konold
(Who used to maintain SuSE Clusters since 2001)