> middle of the
> >> you stop G,

> >> dependent on each

> with that crm

> F G H I J)

> >> for a year or more. I am very excited to try this. Note that I
> >> actually have more like 50 mysql resources, not just 7 like in the
> >> example. Will that be a problem?
> >>
> >> No.
> >>
> >> Did you also consider:
> >>
> >> G1 = A, B, C
> >>
> >> colocate D with G1
> >> order D after G1
> >>
> >> colocate E with G1
> >> order E after G1

> >> The set syntax cuts down on the duplication, but the above
> will also
> >> work.
> >>

> > I tried that but without all the extra order statements. I
> thought the order was implied.
> >
> > By definition, doesn't...
> >
> >         colocation c1 inf: D G1
> >
> > ..mean "figure out where to start G1 and THEN put D there?"
>
> No.  Not in the way you're thinking.
>
> "THEN" applies to the order in which decisions are made, once
> the decision is made the order in which they are executed is
> unrelated.

Aaahhhhhhhh. Well, that makes a big difference.

So, in terms of maintenance, is there any reason to prefer the colocation/order
approach over the resource set approach? Ideally I would like to be able to add
and remove resources using shell scripts.

--Eric

Disclaimer - March 26, 2013
solely for General Linux-HA mailing list. If you are not the named addressee
you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or
opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not
represent those of Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select Management.
Warning: Although Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select Management has
taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email,
the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from
the use of this email or attachments.