On 3/24/13 12:58 PM, Robinson, Eric wrote:
> In the simplest terms, we currently have resources:
>
> A = drbd
> B = filesystem
> C = cluster IP
> D thru J = mysql instances.
>
> Resource group G1 consists of resources B through J, in that order, and is
> dependent on resource A.
>
> This fails over fine, but it has the serious disadvantage that if you stop or
> remove a mysql resource in the middle of the list, all of the ones after it
> stop too. For example, if you stop G, then H thru J stop as well.
>
> We want to change it so that the resource group G1 consists only of resources
> B & C. All of the mysql instances (D thru J) are individually dependent on
> group G1, but not dependent on each other. That way you can stop or remove a
> mysql resource without affecting the others.
>
> I saw this scenario described in the Pacemaker docs, but I cannot find an
> example of the syntax.
Try adding this to the group:

   meta ordered="false"

Or you could take the MySQL instances out of the group and make them
each individually dependent on drbd/filesystem with a collocation/order
ruleset.

Also, you might want to use lrmadmin to set 'max_children' to something
more than 4, otherwise it'll only startup 4 MySQL instances at once.
Obviously dependent upon how much horsepower you have, but we set it to
32 or 64 (although most of our resources are just IPaddr).