Hi,

On 04/15/2013 04:17 AM, Andrew Beekhof wrote:
> On 13/04/2013, at 12:21 AM, Andreas Mock <andreas.m...@web.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> just played with the fence/stonith device fence_imm.
>> (as part of pacemaker on RHEL6.x and clones)
>>
>> It is configured to use the action 'reboot'.
>> This action seems to cause a graceful reboot of the node.
>>
>> My question. Is this graceful reboot feasible when the node
>> gets unreliable or would it be better to power cycle the
>> machine (off/on)?
Yes, it will. For fence_imm the standard IPMILAN fence agent is used
without additional options. It uses  a method described by you: power
off / check status / power on; it looks like that there are some changes
in IMM we are not aware. Please fill a bugzilla for this issue, if you
can do a proper non-graceful power off using ipmitools, please add it too.

>> How can I achieve that the fence_imm is making a power cycle
>> (off/on) instead of a "soft" reboot?

Yes, you can use -M (method in STDIN/cluster configuration) with values
'onoff' (default) or 'cycle' (use reboot command on IPMI)

m,