Von: linux-ha-boun...@lists.linux-ha.org
[mailto:linux-ha-boun...@lists.linux-ha.org] Im Auftrag von Vladislav
Bogdanov
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 17. April 2013 08:44
An: linux-ha@lists.linux-ha.org
Betreff: Re: [Linux-HA] Behaviour of fence/stonith device fence_imm

16.04.2013 12:47, Andreas Mock wrote:
> Hi Marek, hi all,
>
> we just investigated this problem a little further while
> looking at the sources of fence_imm.
>
> It seems that the IMM device does a soft shutdown despite
> documented differently. I can reproduce this with the
> ipmitool directly and also using ssh access.
>
> The only thing which seems to work in the expected rigorous
> way is the ipmi-command 'power reset'. But with this
> command I can't shutdown the server.

Do you have acpid running?
If yes, try to stop/disable it. iirc that should help.
Of course what you see is a bug in a BMC, it should do hard off on a
'chassis power off' command. For graceful shutdown (with proper ACPI
signalling) there is a 'chassis power soft' command. I'd report that to
vendor (although that may be implemented that way wittingly).