On 2013-04-26T23:56:04, Muhammad Sharfuddin <m.sharfud...@nds.com.pk> wrote:

> I just upgraded from SP1(SLES 11/HAE) to SP2, and getting following
> messages when I start the SAPDBInstance resource:
>
> SAPDatabase(SAPDBInstance)[22587]: [22602]: WARNING: Usage of
> SAPDatabase resource agent without SAPHostAgent is deprecated. Please
> read documentation of SAPDatabase resource agent and follow SAP note
> 1031096 for the installation of SAPHostAgent.
>
> there is a chapter "HA OCF Agents" in the High Availability Guide of
> SP2, but I found nothing new/peculiar about SAPDBInstance there.

The warning just indicates that a new configuration is preferred for SAP
HA deployments going forward. The former version is still supported (and
working, I trust).

When you get a chance, you should install the SAP host agent as per the
reference SAP note. (Which I can't look up, it seems.)

The warning does not indicate an error, but tries to get your attention
about improving your configuration during the next appropriate
maintenance window. It seems that worked ;-)

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA