Hello Fabian,

On 04/30/2013 02:19 PM, Fabian Herschel wrote:

 > Hi Muhammad,
 >
 > please find my answer below...
 >

 > The new setup preferred by _SAP_ is, that you use the saphostagent.
 > This new menthod gives you the following benefits (you might not need
 > today)
 >
 > 1. Support for DB only on a server and Java (only) Instance on an
 > other server (this is currently not working, because in that case the
 > bootstrap files are missing at the DB server)
 >
 > 2. Support for Sybase (you can only control the "old" set of databases
 > like DB2 (older version than 10), MaxDB and Oracle
 >
 > 3. You use the more generic DB Interface written by SAP and the
 > DB-Vendors, so the resource agent does not need to take care about
 > specialities of database but could concentrate on the SAP specific
 > control of the database

thanks a lot for sharing and explaining.

 >> correct, cluster never shows any error when it runs/start the
 >> SAPInstance, though we found that whenever we run the SAPInstance
 >> from cluster SAP gives us errors while login via SAP
 >> Client(SAPGui).
 >> as a workarround, we stopped the SAPInstance from the cluster, let
 >> the cluster runs/start the other resources(IP, File Systems, and
 >> SAPDBInstance) and then manually started the SAPInstance(via sap
 >> way):
 >>
 >> startsap -i DVEBMGS00 -v pgtprd
 >
 > This should not be needed - there must a something wrong - which error
 > message did you get when SAPInstance was controlled by cluster and you
 > login via SAPGui?
 >
 > If you get a SICK message about 3.0 kernel please update to a current
 > SAP Kernel (I could provide the SAP Note number if needed).

as said cluster always successfully starts the SAPInstance without any
error, but when we login into SAP via SAPGui there we got the
following error:
"Run time Errors.START_CALL_SICK.short text database inconsistency
.start trasaction SICK".

as a workaround I **only** stopped the SAPInstance from
cluster(let the IP, File Systems, SAPDBInstance remain running via
cluster) and
start SAPInstance via command line "startsap -i DVEBMGS00 -v pgtprd".

SAP kernel version is 701, and we are running  SAP on SLES 11 SP2
via "Kernel 2.6 compatibility mode for SAP" (SAP note 1310037)

Regards,

Muhammad Sharfuddin