I have a heartbeat 2.1.3-1 cluster and it was running fine until a recent
network outage. Since then one node has been getting errors such as

heartbeat: [3824]: ERROR: Message hist queue is filling up (500 messages in
queue)

I have looked through other mailing lists on the internet and have found that
it most likely stems from missing sockets in /var/run/heartbeat (notably
/var/run/heartbeat/register)
I have uninstalled the rpm and re-installed it, rebooted the machine and run an
strace on the heartbeat process to no avail. It appears that heartbeat does not
try to create the socket files if they are missing.

Could someone help me understand which component of heartbeat is responsible
for creating socket files?

Thanks,
Chris