On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 10:42:30AM -0400, David Vossel wrote:

> [...]

Only that this is upstream here, so it better work with
debian oldstale, gentoo or archlinux as well ;-)

Would this be good enough:

vgchange --addtag pacemaker $VG
and NOT mention the "pacemaker" tag anywhere in lvm.conf ...
then, in the agent start action,
vgchange -ay --config "tags { pacemaker {} }" $VG

(or have the to be used tag as an additional parameter)

No retagging necessary.

How far back do the lvm tools understand the "--config ..." option?

        Lars