On 2013-11-26T09:32:50, Ulrich Windl <ulrich.wi...@rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:

> Anotherthing I've notivced: One of out nodes has defective hardware and is
> down. It was OK all the time with SLES11 SP2, but SP3 now tried to fence the
> node and got a fencing timeout:

Hmmm.

> Isn't the logic that after a fencing operation timeout the node is considered
> to be OFFLINE?

No. A timeout is not a successful fence. The problem is why you're
getting the timeout in the first place now.

> My node currently has the state "UNCLEAN (offline)".
>
> How do I make an offline node clean? ;-)

You can run stonith_admin and manually ack the fence, that should work.

> > What doesn't work is making changes, or at any point in time having only
> > new version of the cluster up and then trying to rejoin an old one.
> Do you consider resource cleanups (crm_resource -C ...) as a change? These are
> essential in keeping the cluster happy, especially if you missed some ordering
> constraints.

No, as long as an old version is still around, that will be the DC and
the internal upgrade shouldn't happen.

I meant changes to the configuration that actually use new features. And
as soon as no more nodes running the old version are online, it'll
convert upwards too ...

But yes, we're already working on a new maintenance update for SP3 too.

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA