Hi!

I think it's only fair to update you on this issue:
As it turned out the SP3-Upgdate did not update all software that was installed
on the node.
The reason for that seems to be: The RPM database did not contain all installed
software
The reason for that seems to be: The kernel, ext3 filesystem and fencing did
not play well with each other (I had observed ext3 corruption after fencing
that a journal replay could not fix)

The RPM database was in a terrible state (as I found out), but the usual
software management tools did not detect that.

Is there a "RPM database fsck" (beyond "rpm --rebuilddb -v")?

Regards,
Ulrich