On 2013-12-04T10:25:58, Ulrich Windl <ulrich.wi...@rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:

> > You thought it was working, but in fact it wasn't. ;-)
> "working" meaning "the resource started".
> "not working" meaning "the resource does not start"
>
> You see I have minimal requirements ;-)

I'm sorry; we couldn't possibly test all misconfigurations. So this
slipped through, we didn't expect someone to set that for a
non-clustered VG previously.

> >> You could argue that it never should have worked. Anyway: If you want
> >> to activate a VG on exactly one node you should not need cLVM; only if
> >> you man to activate the VG on multiple nodes (as for a cluster file
> >> system)...
> >
> > You don't need cLVM to activate a VG on exactly one node. Correct. And
> > you don't. The cluster stack will never activate a resource twice.
>
> Occasionally two safty lines are better than one. We HAD filesystem
> corruptions due to the cluster doing things it shouldn't do.

And that's perfectly fine. All you need to do to activate this is
"vgchange -c y" on the specific volume group, and the exclusive=true
flag will work just fine.

> > If you don't want that to happen, exclusive=true is not what you want to
> > set.
> That makes sense, but what I don't like is that I have to mess with local
> lvm.conf files...

You don't. Just drop exclusive=true, or set the clustered flag on the
VG.

You only have to change anything in the lvm.conf if you want to use tags
for exclusivity protection (I defer to the LVM RA help for how to use
that, I've never tried it).

Regards,
    Lars

--