I think the only way we will see packet radio in the future is if
we can get the speeds above 9600 baud say 28.8 or even 56k at a
cost that most hams can afford.
        If we could get speeds above 9600 a packet internet would be
possible and I think it is about time we creat one because there is
way too much bussness and ads and stuff one the net. Also the
schools and collages are working on there own net isn't it about
time amateurs and hobbyest get our own net. The only problem I
seen in the past of doing this is the cost of phone lines between
dialins etc.. but with high speed packet and high speed micro wave
links bettween hubs this would not be a problem.