>The IP address you use on the AX25 interface (192.168.1.1 above) is
>unimportant if you are not using TCP/IP, but it is necessary to set one.

This is the SIOCGIFCONF bug I mentioned.  GIFCONF will not return any ax25
interfaces unless they have a configured IP address.  That one is a kernel
problem that has to be worked around for now.

The other major change is for SOCK_PACKET the protocol family changed from
PF_INET to PF_AX25 (like it should have been).  This means programs that
do promiscuous listening (like listen, and perhaps netromd) will fail to
work.  Grep for socket in the sources and see which PF_ or AF_ these calls
are using.

73 de Alan N2YGK
PS: I'm sure there are other differences and I'm not sure I have the above
    correct -- I haven't put enough effort into reading the source yet to
    be confident that I understand how it works.  Read the Source, Luke.