On Sat, Feb 06, 1999 at 11:17:08AM -0500, Alan Crosswell wrote:
> >The IP address you use on the AX25 interface (192.168.1.1 above) is
> >unimportant if you are not using TCP/IP, but it is necessary to set one.
>
> This is the SIOCGIFCONF bug I mentioned.  GIFCONF will not return any ax25
> interfaces unless they have a configured IP address.  That one is a kernel
> problem that has to be worked around for now.

I _do_ have an IP set for the interface (sm0), though. 192.168.1.1,
which is not used anywhere else here.

> The other major change is for SOCK_PACKET the protocol family changed from
> PF_INET to PF_AX25 (like it should have been).  This means programs that
> do promiscuous listening (like listen, and perhaps netromd) will fail to
> work.  Grep for socket in the sources and see which PF_ or AF_ these calls
> are using.
>
> 73 de Alan N2YGK
> PS: I'm sure there are other differences and I'm not sure I have the above
>     correct -- I haven't put enough effort into reading the source yet to
>     be confident that I understand how it works.  Read the Source, Luke.

Thanks Alan, I will experiment with it soon.

Hamish VK3TYD
--
Hamish Moffatt       Mobile: +61 412 011 176       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Rising Software Australia Pty. Ltd.
Developers of music education software including Auralia & Musition.
31 Elmhurst Road, Blackburn, Victoria Australia, 3130
Phone: +61 3 9894 4788  Fax: +61 3 9894 3362  USA Toll Free: 1-888-667-7839
Internet: http://www.rising.com.au/