On Sun, 7 Feb 1999, Karl F. Larsen wrote:

>       Tell us what you had to do to your system to get ax25-utils to
> work. If you don't your being arogant and not a bit helpful. Please tell
> us what Linux load your using ect.

I switched to using 2.1.x kernels quite some time ago and the only package
of my Red Hat 5.1 installation that really needed to be upgraded was ppp.
After that everything has worked. There are some small glitches when
doing a shutdown and when unloading modules. Nothing serious though and
I haven't bothered to fix them. So there. I'm I being helpful now?

> } Karl. It would help if you read and tried to understand the messages
> } posted here. As already said here your problem is most probably lack of
> } support for Unix domain sockets.
> }
>       What is a Unix domain socket?

Hessu covered this already.

> } So please stop whining and configure your kernel and/or conf.modules
> } correctly.
> }
>       In your opinion I am whining. I am NOT whining, I am stating FACT.

If the fact you are referring to is that YOU don't know how to correcly
configure your system then fine. No problem. It your choice to announce
that here. I don't see the point but that I guess is my problem.

But. Somehow I seem to remember something about a certain kernel version
sucking, kernel developers not testing the stuff well enough, and similar
totally ungrounded accusations. It must have been somewhere else...

--
--... Tomi Manninen / [EMAIL PROTECTED] / OH2BNS @ OH2RBI.FIN.EU ...--