Yes that is what it looks like here as well. I always test ax25 by
using a ping to nodes on both ports. In 2.2.1 the ping and later call
applications ran fine, but nothing went out...

        The impression I get is that the writers of the ax25-utils used
some functions of the kernel that are changing toward other uses.