On 12 Apr, Bloom, Jon,  KE3Z wrote:

> We've been the benificiaries of using Linux for our Web server for more than
> 3 years. Used to do all our email on Linux, too, before the IS folks got
> involved and went to NT :-(
>
> So I think it's only fair if in return I offer to host a Linux ham-radio
> section on www.arrl.org. That should provide a good means of exposing Linux
> ham-radio topics to hams in general, which I think is one of the principal
> issues here.
>
> How does that sound?

It's an interesting offer. Having it associated with a well recognised
Amateur Radio body would facilitate it being found by amateurs, and it
might also encourage some more hams to follow the Linux path through
association and exposure.

What I'm imagining by way of a web site would require a relational
database at the back end though, something like MySql, etc. and
preferably something like PHP3 supported by the server.

Linux Australia will host the database if that is a problem, finding a
host isn't really a problem.

regards
Terry