Terry Dawson wrote:

> What I'm trying to say is that there is no way that a catalog of software
> can be converted to conform to the LDP definition of a HOWTO document.
>
> When it comes to trying to find people to help, I've already tried that,
> and received exactly one response, from Alan Crosswell, who is primarily
> responsible for the new version.
>
> Really, I think I made a mistake even trying to discuss it here.
> I'll just do what I'm talking then handle discussion.

Yes, in fact I think that there is nothing to discuss. HAM-HOWTO is not
an HOWTO.
We can try do to an inteligent web-based system to register the linux
ham software. HAM-HOWTO followers will want still to have this datas in
/usr/doc/HOWTO/ directory of their cdrom (so they can do a system to
translate the DataBase in SGML format).

As Linux is being well accepted in hamradio, everyday there will be more
software, and the HOWTO will grow, grow, grow ... Until LDP people say
"hey ! What's this ? " :-)

--
Saludos de Julian
-.-