Hi there.

 >> It really doesn't matter the significance. I've already
 >> registered the "Radio Amateurs Guide" (RAG) as a project with
 >> the LDP coordinator. I've done nothing with it for a couple of
 >> years because really, it wasn't clear to me that there was a
 >> significant enough audience to make the effort worthwhile.

 >> I've spoken to some publishers and found no interest in
 >> publishing such a book, so in the absence of an audience I
 >> haven't bothered.

 >> I'd be interested to know if the ARRL would be interested in
 >> publishing something of this nature?

 > Quite possibly, particularly if what we are talking about is
 > just using existing PostScript and wrapping some cover art
 > around the book.

That shouldn't be hard to do...

 > It also depends to some degree on how large the book would be.
 > Large, low-volume books are problematic. But a book of, say, 100
 > to 200 pages would probably be viable. We would need details
 > before making a commitment, of course.

I can't see it shrinking down that much, unless one used massive
pages, and I'd think size of page would be as important as how many.

As a more realistic guide than the above, and basing it on either the
European A5 size page, or the near-equivalent US half-letter size
page, I'd expect to see the finished product with somewhere in the
region of 300 to 400 pages, which means between 150 and 200 sheets of
paper. I for one wouldn't regard that as a large book.

For reference, the European A5 page is 210 x 149 millimetres, and the
US half-letter size is 8 x 5.5 inches. A quick conversion based on
25.4 millimetres per inch gives the US half-letter size as being 203
x 140 millimetres, but that's only an approximation...

Best wishes from Riley.

| There is something frustrating about the quality and speed of Linux  |
| else has already done so and is just about to release their patch.   |
 * ftp://ftp.MemAlpha.cx/pub/rhw/Linux
 * http://www.MemAlpha.cx/kernel.versions.html