On 10 May 99 at 21:34, Geoff Taylor wrote:

> I am having trouble getting the daemon version of FBB up and running,
> after alot of work i have got to the point where it proudly announce
> that it is starting the ORB server and then seems to freeze up, a press
> of the enter key returns to the command line.
> If i have a look at the running process's by doing PS it's there but if
> i try and do a local connect to it using xfbbC -c it comes back with a
> segmentation fault.
> The question is how do you set this up, you read the documentation
> provided for first timers from the FBB web site and it all sounds so
> easy, NO WAY!. Its taken me days to get to this stage. Thanks to anybody
> who sheds some light on this one..
>
> Geoff Taylor G0MJA
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I would reccomend you to do a FULL INSTALL of the satellite server.
The DOSFBB distribution or the WinFBB files are compatible, of course
the executables aren't, you must use Linux executables.

When I moved to XFBB, I just mechanically copied the updated files
from DOS to Linux and had no trouble at all. If you ran any other
version of FBB before, just fill the gaps with the files from the
previous system.

Somebody else had a like problem, and doing as above cured all
maladies.

73 de Jose, CO2JA

PS: I moved from FBB 5.15c to x700g18...no problems at all with
satellites. The only thing is that I had satupdat 1.84 on DOS, and
now I have satupdat 1.83 in Linux....now I am using xd700g25.
---

 Ing. Jose A. Amador          | Telf: (537) 20-7814
 Depto de Telecomunicaciones  | E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 ISPJAE                       |