Ted,

Check out the port you have declared in port.sys (it is in
HEXADECIMAL). In my case I use E11, which equals port 3601.

73 de Jose, CO2JA

--------------

# FBB7.00
#
#
#Ports TNCs
 2     5
#
# Interface 6 = Windows
# Interface 7 = TCPIP
# Interface 8 = TFWin.dll
# Interface 9 = LINUX
#
#Com Interface Adress (Hex) Baud
 1   9         *****         9600
 2   9          E11          9600
#
# Maxframe: The maximum nb of frames the TNC will send at a time.
# NbFwd   : Number of channels for OUTGOING forward at same time.
# MxBloc  : Size of forward-block in kb.
#
# M/P-Fwd : Minute of the hour for start of forward, and period
#           (how many minutes between each forward-start).
# Mode    : One of these:
#           B : BBS-mode.
#           G : "Guest"-mode.
#           U : Normal-mode.
# Type host-mode, one of these:
#           D : WA8DED
#           K : KAM hostmode.
#           M : Telephone-modem.
#           P : PK-232
#           Q : BPQ v 4.x
# Addition: One of these letters can be used too:
#           L : Send unproto beacon after each arriving mail.
#           Y : Yapp allowed on this QRG.
#           W : Gateway allowed TO this QRG.
#           R : Read-Only acces.
# Freq.   : Text to describe this port (max 9 characters, no space)
# Same number of lines as number of TNCs.
#
#TNC NbCh Com MultCh Pacln Maxfr NbFwd MxBloc M/P-Fwd Mode  Freq
 0   0    0   0      0     0     0     0      00/01   ----  File-fwd.
 1   8    1   1      120   1     2     10     00/10   XUYW  HF
 2   8    1   2      250   2     2     10     35/60   XUYWL VHF
 3   8    2   0      250   2     2     10     00/60   TUYWR  Telnet
 4   8    1 netbbs   236   2     1     10     30/60   XUWY  Netrom
 5   8    1   3      250   7     2     10     05/10   XUWY  Internal
#
# Special callsigns and modes for some channels.
#
#TNC Nbs Callsign-SSID Mode
1    2   CO9BQQ-12       B
2    2   CO9BQQ-12       B
#
# End of file.
#

---------

On 12 May 99 at 23:09, Ted Gervais wrote:

> When I try and telnet to XFBB using " telnet localhost 6300 "
> it fails. Here is what I see:
>
> linux:~$ telnet localhost 6300
> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> linux:~$
>
> Does anyone have any thoughts on how to get this going?
>
> Thanks..
>
> ----
> Ted Gervais <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

---

 Ing. Jose A. Amador          | Telf: (537) 20-7814
 Depto de Telecomunicaciones  | E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 ISPJAE                       |