Arno Verhoeven wrote:

> > Ronnie Hale wrote:

> > > --snip--
> > > >
> > > --
> > > Arno,
> > >    You have more than one instance of the same callsign-ssid.  At least, the
> > > netrom port and FBB BBS both are configured to use same callsign-ssid.  Your
> > > FBB is responding to PI8ZAA-0 and begins login procedure.  NRport PI8ZAA-0
> > > notices packets addressed to its callsign (also PI8ZAA-0), wakes up, and
> > > knowing that it is not connected, sends out a DM Frame.  There is perhaps
> > > another callsign of the same SSID in your ax25 config setup in your
> > > /etc/rc.d/rc.ham file, but not sure that is used anywhere else.
> > >
> > >    This problem can also exist where the inverted ssid and another callsign
> > > matching the inverted ssid are both visible on the same port.
> > >
> > > You must use a different ssid for either the bbs or the nrport.
> > >

> > I had read before that using the same ssid on different ports is not
> > recomended, but I our case I don't know of another way to do it.
> > I tried using PI8ZAA-1 on the netrom port but this means that the
> > station announces itself as EHVBBS:PI8ZAA-1. And this is not what we
> > need. We want the rest of the world to know that the BBS can be reached
> > as PI8ZAA (without a suffix).
> > Also If I use a different ssid on the netrom port than the BBS cannot be
> > connected anymore. (The BBS can only be connected via netrom).
> >
> > Am I overlooking something?
> > It must be possible to get this thing working...
> >
> > 73, Arno  pe1icq
>
> I forgot to mention that we found out that the disconnects happen at the
> same moment that outgoing forwarding starts. (reproducable)
>
> 73, Arno  pe1icq

Hi,

The problem is solved :-)
I have defined a second netrom entry in nrports like this.

#/etc/ax25/nrports
#
#name   call            alias   paclen  description
nr_ZAA  PI8ZAA-0        EHVBBS  235     PI8ZAA NetRom Switch Port
nr_FWD  PI8ZAA-3        #ZAAFW  235     PI8ZAA NetRom Switch Port

In fbb's port.sys I use the nr_FWD port for outgoing forwards only.

According to some the first entry in nrports, callsign without ssid, is
not not good. But for us it is necessary to have it this way, because we
want a netrom broadcast as PI8ZAA, i.e. no ssid.

Anyways... problem solved.... next!

73, Arno   pe1icq