According to Peter: While burning my CPU.

> Hello,
>
> I'am trying to make a dos machine with BPQ to talk with linux via ax25
> and ethernet.
> By reading ax25-howto the bpq device is associated with eth0
> With "# /sbin/ifconfig bpq0 hw ax25 pi4cc-7 comment" I do config the
> eth0 device.
>
> When I start calling pi4cc-7 at the dos machine the packets a received
> at eth0. The rx pactkets is counting. But there will be no link. The
> bpq0 doen't receive any packet.
>
> My question: whats wrong?

You possably forgot to add the ethernet address of yuor link partner or the
machine bpq0 must listen for.

man bpqparms, i use bpq(ether) between 2 machines, its nessasary to set the
following.

bpqparms bpq0 -d 00:00:C0:xx:xx:xx

If you have'nt done so define the following in /etc/ax25/ax25d.conf

[PI4CC-7 VIA BPQ0]
default         * * * * * *  -  root    /usr/sbin/node  node bpq0 %u

Restart ax25d, now i think you should have a better chance of success.

--
Regards Richard.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

One of the fanatical CW operators of PI4ZLD. (When i'm off work) ;-)