> could
> people tell me where I can get some good map data from i.e. the CIA map

You might take a look at
   http://www.libraries.psu.edu/crsweb/docs/mapgeo.htm
Extremely detailed geographical data can be downloaded there.
I think it's too detailed for your purpose, but you might be able to
reduce the amount of detail.

Also, you could have a look at "az_proj"; this project (basically a set
of PostScript files) contains data from the CIA world data base. I don't
have a URL handy, but a web or ftp search should help.

Unfortunately, neither of these sources is up to date with the latest
political developments (unless those have been added since I used the
data about a year ago).

73, Pieter-Tjerk
--
[ e-mail:       [EMAIL PROTECTED] / [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]
[ packet-radio: pa3fwm@pi8daz.#twe.nld.eu                 ]