> From: Tomi Manninen OH2BNS <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Leszek A. Szczepanowski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; Linux-hams
mailing list <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Errors with new ax25 tools !
> Date: Tuesday, June 22, 1999 4:39 AM
>
> On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Leszek A. Szczepanowski wrote:
>
> > First - thanks for all who made new version of ax25-utils.
> > As they are alpha, so errors are expected, and follow:
> >
> > - compiling hdlcutils section fails, even I installed
> >   XFree86-devel package:
> >
> > gcc  -g -O2  -o smdiag  smdiag.o hdrvcomm.o -lX11
> > ld: cannot open -lX11: No such file or directory
> > make: *** [smdiag] Error 1
>
> What did "./configure" say when checking for X ? It should have said
> something like:
>
>   checking for X... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers /usr/X11R6/include
>
> --
> --- Tomi Manninen / [EMAIL PROTECTED] / OH2BNS @ OH2RBI.FIN.EU ---

Hello Tommi and all in the list,

That is right, what happens is that the linux users when they go
to compile a program doesn't notice of the errors and warns
until the compiler stops and in that moment it is that the one goes
the errors, I as beginner have learned a lot and I ask very little
I ask question when it is not in my hand the answer
I try to read the documents and those how-to.

If the linux users, they used certain commands to verify
when they are compiling it would be better for them
and they would understand many
sew, for example in the programs that it bring the configure file
for me to examine the process I execute it  of this way
e.g. ./configure > Action
then after concluding the checkup I verify the content of the
Action file, and I can see of this way that I don't have installed
and if it is installed and the configure file
it doesn't sees i try then of activating the path
so that the configure file, it sees

When I execute the make I do it of this way
make 2> Warn
of this way when the compiler stops it is because it finished
of compiling or for some error
I verify the content of the Warn file.

I hope many users beginners like me take this
in and of this way help to the developers and likewise

73's Jose (hi8gn)