On  8 Jul 99 at 11:00, Scott Weis wrote:

> I would scrap the 2.0.x stuff... Redhat 6.0 is 2.2 only and by October you
> will not be able to find any 5.2 disks around...
>
> Sorry,
> Scott

That's a matter of opinion. My point is that all references to 2.0.x
kernels should start on 2.0.35 for newcomers, and no earlier, since
2.0.35 was the one that did away with module-14 patching and such
stuff.

Maybe not everybody would like to plunge into the 2.2.x as a first
attempt. I though I had something old (RH 4.2) installed and working
very well, but I have seen references to stuff older than mine and
also working well. I am watching the bulls from the fence. I read
good and scary things mixed about the new kernels. I am planning to
do some testing off-line in August with the newest I can find here
(RH 6.0, etc).

Never disregard give away disks...they still do exist, and not few
would like to give their old disks to newcomers while they keep on
pushing the bleeding edge.

Just my two cents. I may have a different opinion in September.

73 de Jose, CO2JA

---

 Ing. Jose A. Amador          | Telf: (537) 20-7814
 Depto de Telecomunicaciones  | E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 ISPJAE                       |