On  8 Jul 99 at 23:35, Gerd wrote:

> Hello Hary, hello all,
>
> > Would someone please, please translate this.

Good idea.

> I probably could - but I then surely get into conflict with Terry
> Dawson.

Why ? Cannot someone translate and leave Terry to do the proofreading
and official release ? I believe it could be less time consuming for
him, and no responsibilities be violated...seems to me.

Is that possible or practical ? It seems something many are in need
of.

> > The current english
> > version is entirely out of date.
>
> There's still a lot of people even on this list who are convinced that
> this is not the case.

What I find misleading are the references to patching kernels.
Newcomers should get hold of 2.0.36 or 2.0.37 and avoid the patching.
I believe it is not recommendable to start right now with anything
older, but for sake of completion, I would just recommend the latest
2.0.x kernels (or the 2.2.x, it also fits) and skip the patching
instructions altogether. If anyone is using an older distribution
(you cannot stop people from doing it), then there is still reference
to a way to do that as well.

I don't know how the above was dealt with in the german version. And
it is only my opinion on the subject.

73 de Jose, CO2JA.

 ---

 Ing. Jose A. Amador          | Telf: (537) 20-7814
 Depto de Telecomunicaciones  | E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 ISPJAE                       |