Hello Hans-Peter, hello all,

> Quoting Jose Angel Amador Fundora ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> > Why ? Cannot someone translate and leave Terry to do the proofreading
> > and official release ? I believe it could be less time consuming for
> > him, and no responsibilities be violated...seems to me.
>
> I think the main problem is that Gerds howto does not use
> linuxdoc-sgml (or did they switch to DocBook already?) but plain
> html.

An SGML (LinuxDoc since the DLHP coodinator still wants it) has
been mailed to the DLHP coodinator as well. Since I did the SGML
formatting manually from scratch only having the original HOWTO
as a template there still may be errors in that version so it surely
will take a little time before it appears in the DLHP.

Since I am not familiar with SGML any hint is appreciated here (if
wanted, I can even send my sketchy SGML version out for error
checking and proofreading).

> Therefore it can't be an official linux howto and is not (yet?)
> part of the official DLHP howtos. Which is sad, because it would
> become part of most distributions automatically. So please,
> if you translate it, make it conforming to the HOWTO guidelines.

But firstly, Terry must be asked and I am not sure if he agrees.

Cheers, 73

Gerd