Hi Gerd.

 > yesterday, an OM asked me about further information about 6Pack
 > in general and on Linux in particular.

 > What have I to say? Nothing to be found except the 6Pack 0.2.0
 > driver on ftp.hes.iki.fi and ftp.funet.fi . But ooh - its dated
 > May 15, 1997 :(, designed for a "2.0.29 with the ax25-modules-12
 > compiled in" - very ancient. They also say

 > "In the 2.1.x kernels, some interfaces to kernel functions were
 > changed, so the driver won't work with these kernels yet."

 > This obviously applies to all our new drivers from kernel 2.0.35
 > on ?!

 > To add even more: Neither the link provided for downloading a
 > newer version nor the e-mail address given in the docs work
 > anymore.

 > So there's the question: What's up with 6pack? (Yes, I know
 > there's a driver in 2.2.x somewhere, that appears to be newer
 > but both e-mail address and link for downloading given there
 > (usr/src/linux/Documentation/networking/6pack.txt) are
 > incorrect.

 > Does anyone on the list have more recent information?  If so,
 > please let me know.

I just asked lycos to search for 6pack and it came up with just one
site reference...

    http://www.ife.ee.ethz.ch/~sailer/ham/ham.html#sixpack

This appears to just link to postscript and pdf descriptions of the
protocol - it's part of Thomas Sailer's site...

I also asked Yahoo, but they only provided links to a company making
"6-Pack(R)" containers, which are apparently a brand of boxes for
storing empty bottles in - not quite what one is after...

Best wishes from Riley.

| There is something frustrating about the quality and speed of Linux  |
| else has already done so and is just about to release their patch.   |
 * ftp://ftp.MemAlpha.cx/pub/rhw/Linux
 * http://www.MemAlpha.cx/kernel.versions.html