On Mon, 23 Aug 1999, Craig Small wrote:
> Ed van Mol said:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Can anyone tell me Netrom and node is working ok in kernel 2.2.5???
> >
> > Finaly i'v ax25 runnning... I must compile the kernel in 386 instead off
> > 486 on my 486 PC...
> > Everything seemed to work except netrom.
> > If i connect to my netrom port, i get an error mes; axports not found...
> >
> > Please help.
>
> The key to getting help is to give as much information as possible about
> the problem.  This information should also be accurate as there is, for
> example, many similar error messages so if you give us the wrong one,
> then we are looking in the wrong place.
>
> Looking for the message "axports not found".  A grep of the sources
> shows that this error message doesn't exist.  Sure there are some that
> are close to that, but which one is it? Of course this message may
> exist, but it is hiding somewhere else like sys_errlist[].
>
> Also what distribution? what libraries? if you compilied it yourself
> what flags did you give configure?
>
> Wild guess: you didn't RTFM libax25/INSTALL or its an old version of
> the source where I stuffed up the INSTALL file and you missed Tomi's
> "what Craig has stuffed up" email message.  This is only a wild guess
> due to the lack of information.

I have Redht 6.0 libax25-0.0.5 ax25-apps-0.0.3 ax25-tools-0.0.4
installed following the INSTALL and README, however NETROMD gives;
Aug 19 20:16:55 pa3gcu netromd[1111]: netromr: SIOCADDRT: Invalid argument
I have a bpq interface between two computers.

Installing the netromd from ax25-utils-2.1.42a solves this problem.

--
Regards Richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]