Very good idea. Thank you.
After looking at the docs of ax25rtd, I knew that this is exactly what I
need.

>Here I think ax25rtd might help. I understand it is supposed to do just
>that hack automatically. I'm not sure however as I haven't used it.

My "only" problem now is, that ax25rtd doesn't run.  :(

oe8rsq:/etc/ax25 # startproc /usr/sbin/ax25rtd
bind Control socket: No such file or directory

By the way, I've found in the manpage of axparms, that
is able to set VC/Datagram from each route individually.
ax25rtd goes a step further and is able to set it automatically to
the mode the calling station uses. (unfortunately after the kernel
sends the answer - not good if the other station uses this autoset
too)

Thanks
Robert