Hi Guys,

I have a machine running all ok on Mandrake 6.1 with all the new axtools
and such.

libax25-0.0.7.tar
ax25-tools-0.0.5.tar
ax25-apps-0.0.4.tar

These are installed and working apart from ttylinkd.

I have edited the ttylink.conf file to try and use two users, root and
g6dzj (at separate times I might say :-) ), my call, but when ever I try
and connet and use ttylinkd, the prompt indicates that it is attempting to
page the user in the conf file, but that user gets no message, ie "type
.... to respond...". Also if I control c out of the attempted connection
the ttylinkd is left hanging around and I have to kill -9 it.

I have the relevent entries in the inetd.conf file and the services file

/etc/inetd.conf has this

ttylink stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/ttylinkd      ttylinkd

/etc/services has this

link            87/tcp          ttylink

The whole of ttylinkd.conf is this

# /etc/ax25/ttylinkd.conf : config file for ttylinkd(8)
#
# We just have one line, who gets the incoming ttylink calls.
#
# [EMAIL PROTECTED]
# or:
# sysop=user
#
sysop=root

So I can't see what is wrong - have I missed anything, is there a fix that
I have missed and need to apply.

I would apprictate any pointers please.

73
Steve - G6DZJ/GB7ITG