Hi all,

as promised I prepared a new DG2FEF-AX.25 release for 2.2.14 .
There are no new feature else that now more device drivers work. In addition
to that I fixed some minor protocol bugs. The main thing, however, is that
the whole thing is pretty much plug&play now since I converted Craig Small's
libax25, ax25-tools and ax25-apps to meet the requirements of the new stack.
As always, you can download all packages as source in tar.gz archives from
my web pages

http://www.afthd.tu-darmstadt.de/~dg1kjd .

DG2FEF-AX.25 implementation:
============================

Matthias, DG2FEF completely rewrote Linux' AX.25 protocol stack and the
device driver interface. In addition to a clean layer concept and a device
driver interface which allows proper channel access control, it includes
advanced IP-over-AX.25 goodies such as VJ compression and a "protocol
booster" which speeds up TCP sessions over slow amateur radio links.
Since Mat is pretty busy right now, I maintain it for him. I encourage
everybody to have a look at it since it is already more reliable than the
stock AX.25 implementation. The socket interface is more or less compatible
with the old stuff.

Things that do not work yet are:

- DAMA slave is not yet implemented
- Some device drivers are not yet ported to the new DDI. These are:
  6pack, bpqether, dmascc, pi2, pt, yam

I did not have any time to fix the device drivers although it's quiet
trivial to do so. Except for 6pack they are very rarely used in germany
however.
If you have questions, comments or patches send them to:

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

73s
  -- Jens