Tomi Manninen wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Peter Grace wrote:
>
> The first thing is to check your system logs (probably /var/log/messages)
> for an error message from node. There should be something.
>
> Most probably the problem is with uid/callsign association like Wilson
> already poined out. You should read the INSTALL file (and man axparms)
> that comes with the source distribution. Unfortunately it seems that
> > node-0.3.0-1  (also tried node-0.3.0-8)
>                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Where did you find that?

I found node-0.3.0-8 on www.rpmfind.net

I think it was the axparms. I tried that suggestion and now when I
started node it replied:

SOMCVH:KB1CVH-1}Configuration error

I've checked node.perms and node.conf.
Then I checked /var/log/messages
There was an error on one line of my Conf file for the command to start
lynx. I fixed it.
It works now.
Thanks to all!

Now to get tcpip working over netrom ;-)

--
Peter Grace             web:    http://www.gracefamily.net
KB1CVH                  email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]