Jens David wrote:

> And the number of daemons the user has to run high.
> Didnīt you just say that a linux packet-radio setup needs to be easy
> to administrate by the end user? ;)

"Number of daemons required" is not a measure of "ease of
administration".
Frankly when it comes to architecture in an environment as inherently
experimental as amateur radio I think modularity, extensibility and
maintainability are more important than simplicity.

Ease of administration if determined mostly by the complexity of the
user interface.

Any serious effort to simplify administration will be looking at
addressing the user interface requirements, ie what information is
required to configure a system, how should it be collected, where should
it be stored and in what format? Those sorts of questions.

The ax25config tool looks like a great start.

Terry