Linux-Hardware Digest #565, Volume #9             Thu, 4 Mar 99 14:13:35 EST

Contents:
  Re: Floppy and Cdrom drives problems. (David Kirkpatrick)
  Re: X stuck in 320x200 (Allen)
  Re: RED HAT 5.2 INSTALLATION PROBLEM (James Youngman)
  Re: Considering Linux: Is my hardware good enough? (James Youngman)
  Re: Help Working under w95 but not under RH 5.2 Linux (James Youngman)
  Re: BIOS adjustments for Red Hat 5.2 Install (James Youngman)
  Re: hard drive ERRORS? (Stuart R. Fuller)
  Re: Linux on RS/6000? (Nathan Peles)
  Driver Or howto intstall Compaq Netelligent 10/100 driver ("Alex Kudryashov")
  Re: ISDN Modems (Mikkel Orbesen Troest)
  Re: RED HAT 5.2 INSTALLATION PROBLEM (JohnnyD)
  Re: X, Diamond Viper (Jeremiah)
  HP 822C printer support? (Jeremiah)
  Re: netgear PCI fast ethernet (Vincent Fox)
  fireport 40 and Redhat . 5.2?? ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
  PCMCIA TROUBLE ("Scott Carrera")
  Hoe-he hoes! (smookie)
  Toshiba Satellite 2505? (Rich Williams)
  SCSI CDROM work with Solaris 7 & Linux ("B. Winders")
  Re: dhcpd.conf ("paul")
  Re: Linux and Multiprozessing (Johan Kullstam)
  Re: Are you new to Linux? Then read this (Cyberspace Buddha)
  Re: serial link is not 8 bit clean (Johan Kullstam)
  Re: Printer problem with form feed (Thomas Neilson)
  Re: 230k+ serial support? (Holger Petersen)
  3Com 3C905B-TX runs at 10M instead of 100M ("Till Mommsen")
  Re: Linux and Multiprozessing (Bucky)
  Re: Harmony Modem (Rob Clark)

From: David Kirkpatrick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Floppy and Cdrom drives problems.
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 17:03:12 +0000

It looks like you cd to the mount directory but have not mounted
the drive successfully.
You have to mount the cd or floppy before you can use them.  Look
at the mount command.
You can use something like mount /dev/fd0 /floppy or /dev/cdrom
/cdrom.  Both directories
have to be made before hand for this to work.  If all the
defaults are up then this should work otherwise you may have to
add -t for the file system.  A floppy or cd has a filesystem on
it just like you hd has "file systems" on it which are mounted.
Look at /etc/fstab - it gets run every time you boot and thats
how the file systems become available on /.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Allen)
Subject: Re: X stuck in 320x200
Date: 3 Mar 1999 22:35:42 GMT

        You need to upgrade to Xfree86 version 3.3.3.1 for support of that
card/chipset.  Even Red Hat is recommending everyone upgrade to that version,
due to some security bugs with using the older version.

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999 20:16:28 -0700, Darren Shaw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>Hi, I've just installed linux and X on my new system. I have a Matrox
>Millenium G200 8Meg AGP video card. It IS in the list of supported
....[snip]...

>Any help anyone can offer me would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Oh yeah, I'm running red hat 5.2
>
>Thanks
>
>Darren Shaw

Allen

(email addy; user ID portion has a numeral one in place of word
onespoiler, and of course, delete the bogus secondary domain of nospam.)
fight spam everywhere!!!

                The irony is that Bill Gates claims to making a
                         stable operating system and
             Linus Torvalds claims to be trying to take over the world.

                 Linux; The Official OS of the New Millennium

                          http://www.linuxlink.com

------------------------------

From: James Youngman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux,linux.redhat
Subject: Re: RED HAT 5.2 INSTALLATION PROBLEM
Date: 02 Mar 1999 21:32:36 +0000

"Wrus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I am having a problem installing red hat 5.2 in computer labs.  Most
> machines are fine, but about 1/3 of the newer machines crash early in
> the installation (step 1 or 2 - screen goes dark and system locks
> up).

Try completely turning off APM in the BIOS.

--
ACTUALLY reachable as @free-lunch.demon.(whitehouse)co.uk:james+usenet

------------------------------

From: James Youngman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Considering Linux: Is my hardware good enough?
Date: 02 Mar 1999 21:37:50 +0000

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I am pinching pennies to be able to buy a new computer.  But in the mean time
> I want to get the most out of my current machine.  I have been an OS/2 user
> since version 2.0 came out, but can see the writing on the walls telling me I
> may soon be in a dead-end niche.
>
> I am interested in trying Linux, but I am not sure how well it will run on my
> current hardware.  I know it won't be state-of-the-art, but will it perform
> reasonably well?
>
> Zeos 486-66 VL-Bus(purchased 1993) 256k cache Martin motherboard
> Upgraded CPU using Evergreen 586 module (AMD 586 120mhz)
> On-board SCSI (Adaptec 6360??)
> Toshiba SCSI 4x CD-ROM
> 32 MB RAM
> 420 MB HD
> 850 MB HD (Bios can only see 540 MB, but OS/2 allows HPFS partition in the
> remaining space)
> Diamond Speedstar VL-Bus video card
> Sound Blaster 16

I failed to install OS/2 version 2.1 on a very similar machine.  IBM
technical support indicated that this was because my machine was "too
fast".  So I installed Linux on it.  I ran Linux happily on it for
four years.  You'll be fine.

Linux will see all of your 850Mb hard disk.  Make sure the root
filesystem isn't in the bit that isn't accessible to the BIOS,
otherwise LILO won't be able to use the BIOS to load the kernel at
boot time.

From: James Youngman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.networking,comp.os.linux.misc,comp.os.linux.setup
Subject: Re: Help Working under w95 but not under RH 5.2 Linux
Date: 02 Mar 1999 20:49:45 +0000

Rajat & Papia Goon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I am using SMC PCI-NIC. In auto probing it finds it irq 11 and address
> 0xe800 hich matches
> with win95. If I run ifup it's giving delaying eth0 initialization. I am
> using smc9194 module. If
> I use ifconfig then
> SIOCSIFBRDADDR
> eth0 : interface not found
> I am desperately trying to make it work.

Check the module is still loaded, by using lsmod.

From: James Youngman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: BIOS adjustments for Red Hat 5.2 Install
Date: 02 Mar 1999 21:33:09 +0000

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (B.J. Mora) writes:

> Any other suggestions for tweaking the BIOS? I've tried the suggestion
> below, as well as booting from CD vs. floppy, disabling PnP, disabling
> cacheable BIOS...

Also, try disabling APM.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Stuart R. Fuller)
Subject: Re: hard drive ERRORS?
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 23:00:03 GMT

W. Scott Grant ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
: Does anyone know what this message means
:
: hdc: read_intr: status=0x49 {DriveReady DataRequest Error}
: hdc: read_intr: error=0x04 {DriveStatusError}
: hdc: read_intr: status=0x59 {DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest Error }
:
: hdc: read_intr: error=0x40 {Uncorrectable Error }, LBAsect=1770483,
: sector 1638435
: end_request: I/O error, dev 16:02, sector 1638435
:
: Is the hard drive failing? I have search dejanews and not found anything
: that gave me an answer.

Look at the sector number.  If you have several instances of the same number,
then it may just be a bad block.  If the numbers vary, then it may be a disk
going bad.

        Stu

------------------------------

From: Nathan Peles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Linux on RS/6000?
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 10:28:50 +1100

LinuxPPC will run on some RS/6000 machines - check out www.linuxppc.com

--
Nathan

------------------------------

From: "Alex Kudryashov" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Driver Or howto intstall Compaq Netelligent 10/100 driver
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 19:10:23 +0300

I have Compaq 1600R server with embeded Compaq 10/100 tx NIC
RedHat 5.2 told me that it is Netelligent 10/100 - but didn't install driver

Where can I find it - or what should I do?

Alex

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Mikkel Orbesen Troest)
Subject: Re: ISDN Modems
Date: 3 Mar 1999 23:01:39 GMT

On Thu, 4 Feb 1999 15:23:05, Alex Rier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Andrew Gregory wrote:

> I've installed Teles 16.3c under Linux.
> It works fine.

That's an internal ISDN adapter, isn't it?
- I'm using an eicon Diva 2.0 ISA , but have access to a Teles 16.3
- Do you have any nice tricks for internal ISDN's?

> Alex Rier             | Tel:     972-3-9026522, 972-52-442549

:O) Mikkel troest

------------------------------

From: JohnnyD <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux,linux.redhat
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 22:45:27 GMT

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
  Charles Gretton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote a reply to Wrus:
> Wrus wrote:
>
> > I am having a problem installing red hat 5.2 in computer labs.  Most
> > machines are fine, but about 1/3 of the newer machines crash early in
> > the installation (step 1 or 2 - screen goes dark and system locks
> > up).  Our MIS department (Novell & NT folks) say that LINUX is just
> > incompatible with new hardware.  That sounds like rubbish to me;
> > however, only machines with Pentium II processors have a problem!  Is
> > there any basis for the hardware argument?  We are using removable
> > hard drives and have brand new drives with nothing else on them.  We
> > boot from floppy and install from cd.  A couple machines that didn't
> > work did work when we used a different hard drive.  We decided that
> > the drives might be bad and replaced them all... no change!  Even
> > though some worked, our MIS rep sticks with the compatability
> > argument explaining that the ones that do work are just "lucky" to be
> > on the right side of the compatability border.  I'm not buying it but
> > have nothing to offer in return.
> >
> > I would appreciate any help or suggestions.  Thanks in advance.
> > Please reply to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> > Wrus Kristiansen
>
> I actually know of a few people who had a similar problem. Some of the
> new BIOS have a virus protection option. This prevents you from writing
> to the boot sector of the hard drive and so LILO won't work. Try
> disabling virus protection and see then if it works!

zorjd adds:
1) Charles Gretton's above suggestion (virus protect=off) is good.
2) See also post from John Burton suggesting expert mode and force load.
3) Also - Avoid 'probing' during X-setup dialogue;
     just select some vanilla vga, it will be adequate until each
    respective machine's components-list can be verified as 'supported'
    particulary (here) the vga chipset.

-snip-

Your MIS folks have a point.  Novell, MS, et al. pay good, expert
people, full-time, to keep up with the ever-changing landscape of
new chips & of course, necessary driver-writing;  they are early-
to-market with support for new hardware, and are likely to remain so.

As for the Linux techies who, from around the world, on their own
time, write this and other needed code, I defer to Aesop, whose
Tortoise drawls:  'I may be slow, but I'm sure.'

Linux' supported-hardware-list is huge, and like Topsy, 'just growed.'

patience
zorjd

[ This sentance has three errers. ]
[ This sentence refers to itself. ]
[   This sentence does naught.    ]

From: Jeremiah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: X, Diamond Viper
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 18:05:24 -0500

Scott W. Kinkele wrote:

> You must use a commercial x server software to get the V550 to work in
> anything but 8 bit mode.  If you just want 8 bit mode udate to the
> latest Xfree86 software and it will support it.

        I'm using an STB TNT card right now in 32bpp with Xfree86 3.3.3.1.
Is there something different about the Diamond Viper V550?

Brian
--
email to bmeloon <at} netscape {dot> net.  evilquaker is a spam collector.

------------------------------

From: Jeremiah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: HP 822C printer support?
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 18:07:45 -0500

Hi,

        Has anyone gotten an HP 882C printer to work under Linux?
It looks like it uses the PCL3 protocol, but it's described by HP as the
successor to the (partially supported) HP 722C.
        Just curious about the expected timetable for support...

Brian

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Vincent Fox)
Subject: Re: netgear PCI fast ethernet
Date: 3 Mar 1999 16:16:38 -0500

In <7bk4go$qi2$[EMAIL PROTECTED]> "ex500" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>I was recently shopping for a pair of fast ethernet cards for my apartment.
>I ran accross netgear's 310tx card. Great card so far as long as your not
>running redhat. The card came with a driver for SCO and Slackware. I'm new
>to linux and I need help getting the card to run redhat. I already tried the
>PCI ne2000 and apparently that card doesn't support ne2000 standards. Any
>help setting up the card for fast stabile performance in redhat would be
>appreciated. Thanks

The "tulip" driver seems to be working pretty well so far.
Pick the Digital 2014 or something like that in install, the
Netgear 310TX is actually using a Digital chip. I have actually
had Win9x PNP recognize it this way sometimes. If you go to
www.baynetwork.com and poke around for drivers, you will find
that the new driver disk from them has a linux subdir with
instructions on where to put tulip.c and compile if you want
to add it to an existing installation.

--
        "Who needs horror movies when we have Microsoft"?
         -- Christine Comaford, PC Week, 27/9/95

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: fireport 40 and Redhat . 5.2??
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 23:08:39 GMT

Is the fireport 40 scsi controller compatible with Linux?  I have heard it
uses an NCR chipset but I do not know which one.  If it is compatible anyone
outthere using one with/without success?

scott

From: "Scott Carrera" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: PCMCIA TROUBLE
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 23:42:39 GMT

I am having much trouble getting my 3COM (3CXFE575BT) to work under linux.
I have 2.2.2 kernel, and pcmcia versions 3.07 - 3.10.  The card seems to
initialize properly, but when I try to ping something it just sits there,
and eventually says:
"Interrupt posted but not delivered --- IRQ blocked by another device?"
Then a furry of ping responses comes back with the response time as 17000mS.
(...wierd)

I am loggina ALL system messages to a tty and can view the card
initializing... it seems fine.  Has anyone had any luck with these cards?
On a ThinkPad? Please respond or e-mail me @

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thanx!
Scott

------------------------------

From: smookie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.help,comp.os.linux.m68k,comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: Hoe-he hoes!
Date: 04 Mar 99 12:55:52 -0500

Mendoza's Passwords Updated

http://pages.hotbot.com/games/stmonk/password.html
http://pages.hotbot.com/games/stmonk/password.html

Passwords to the top ten Sites on the net - NOW!

From: Rich Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.setup
Subject: Toshiba Satellite 2505?
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 17:06:08 -0500

Has anyone had any experence with this laptop? It gets good reviews from
the
MS Windows world, but then who cares about the MS Windows world. I am
only
in the consideration stages, but price performance looks good to me.

Thanks for any assistance.

Rich Williams                                      #include
<std/disclaimer.h>
Phone (765) 494-4246                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
FAX   (765) 494-0508                     http://www.math.purdue.edu/~rvw

RM 805-Math/Science Building, West Lafayette, IN 47907-1395

------------------------------

From: "B. Winders" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: SCSI CDROM work with Solaris 7 & Linux
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 11:39:24 -0500

Does anyone have a SCSI CDROM that works with both Solaris 7 and Linux
(Caldera OpenLinux)?

Someone said the SONY CDU625 does.  Any others?

Many thanks!

Please respond to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

------------------------------

From: "paul" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.os.linux.caldera,alt.os.linux,alt.linux.sux,alt.linux
Subject: Re: dhcpd.conf
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 19:03:24 +0100

TURBO1010 wrote in message <7bl7d6$h8a$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
>Can anyone post a dhcpd.conf file that I can use.  Seems that I don't know
>what to put for subnet and netmask.
>The address on my ethernet is 192.168.1.1, I want the dhcp server to assign
>addresses between 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.5
>If anyone can help me, I would appreciate it, as I am new to networks.
>Thanks in advance

i don't know alot about dhcpd but my geuss is you have to assign youre dhcp
server to these adresses
for xxx.xxx.x.1 is youre server and xxx.xxx.x.2 <--> 5 are you clients
mabey you have to work whit ipchain's to
well like i said i dont know for sure , i'm just geussing

suc6 paul

------------------------------

Subject: Re: Linux and Multiprozessing
From: Johan Kullstam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 03 Mar 1999 19:13:19 -0500

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Hello out there,
>
> does anybody have experience with Multiprozessing and Linux. The
> 2.2.1 Kernel supports it, but which software (of SuSE-Distribution)
> benefits from a second pocessor?

single-threaded apps can only run on one cpu at a time.  however,
nothing prevents you from launching and running two applications at
the same time.  one cpu will get each one.

> Does the Kernel launch a 2nd Image of a programm (e.g. two remote
> users want to start Matlab 5.2) on the 2nd processor?

yes.  if you start two matlabs, they will each get a cpu.

> What we intend to buy is a ASUS P2B-DS Board, two PII-350 and
> about 128 or 256MB RAM.

sounds good.

--
                                           J o h a n  K u l l s t a m
                                           [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Cyberspace Buddha)
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.setup,comp.os.linux.networking,alt.os.linux
Subject: Re: Are you new to Linux? Then read this
Date: 4 Mar 1999 18:23:21 GMT

Ken says \"I like dsl\" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>shtml allows you to use cgi for a page counter and some other stuff I think.
>My ISP requires it for those things.

Interesting.  Must be an optional thing, as io.com doesn't require
.shtml for pages with cgi on them.

cheers,
cb
--
           Cyberspace Buddha /(0\ What's on, your mind?
            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] \1)/ http://www.io.com/~cb

------------------------------

Subject: Re: serial link is not 8 bit clean
From: Johan Kullstam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 03 Mar 1999 19:16:10 -0500

Shirish Rai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I configured pppd to use my boca modem (33.6). It dials fine but after the
> connection is established I get a error
>
> Connection Terminated
> Serial line is not 8 bit clean
> Problem: bit 7 is always set to 0
> Exit

it says this when it gets no valid answer from the other end.  here is
my chat script which works with pap.  i got the same answer (not 8 bit
clean) until i ended the script with the \d\c bit.

'ABORT' 'BUSY'
'ABORT' 'ERROR'
'ABORT' 'NO CARRIER'
'ABORT' 'NO DIALTONE'
'ABORT' 'Invalid Login'
'ABORT' 'Login incorrect'
'' 'ATZL1&D2\\B3\\V0S38=1'
'OK' 'ATDT*70W1231234'
'CONNECT' '\d\c'
'TIMEOUT' '5'

hope this helps.

--
                                           J o h a n  K u l l s t a m
                                           [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

------------------------------

From: Thomas Neilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.misc,comp.os.linux.networking
Subject: Re: Printer problem with form feed
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 00:18:44 GMT

"Tobias Reckhard (jester)" wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Feb 1999 14:02:52 +0100, "Frank Stiller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> >My printer (HP Deskjet 895 Cxi) always prints another blank page after he
> >did the normal print job. I think, this is a form feed based on linux. My
> >printer is connected with my server where linux is installed. On my computer
> >Win98 is installed and the RAW data is send to the server and the server
> >send the data directly to the printer port. Someone says, that you can
> >deactivate the form feed option in linux, but where?
>
> In /etc/printcap, disable the input filter for the printer. The
> options are separated by colons and in my printcap, on several lines
> linked by the Unix 'soft-line-break'-character "\", so I just put a
> hash mark in front of the line starting with ":if=/usr/lib/apsfilt..."
> and that was enough.
>
> Tobias / jester

Hum ...
Might want to open your printcap and add " :sh: \" This suppresses form feed or
extra page eject.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Holger Petersen)
Subject: Re: 230k+ serial support?
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 18:17:38 GMT

Mickey Stein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>the baud_base # should be set to the maximum speed that the chip is capable
>of which is ? ( maybe 460800? with luck) on a 16550?

The Baud-Base is (on most mother- and daugther-boards) the value of the
externel crystal-oszillator (mostly 1.843200 MHz) divides by 16. That's
where those 115200 Baud maximum comes from...

You can change that with a soldering-iron (and a better crystal) only
on those Cards, that have the 1.84 Mhz crystal in place.

On _some_ motherboards, you may have luck with SHS17.ZIP  from

http://www.yk.rim.or.jp/~gigo/over115K/index_e.html

Yours, Holger

------------------------------

From: "Till Mommsen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: 3Com 3C905B-TX runs at 10M instead of 100M
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 01:14:27 +0100

Hi,

I know, this problem is not new, but I would like to ask for some experience
with it, so I maybe don't have to install a new kernel on a Software
bootable RAID1......

I got a 3COM 3C905B-TX network adapter.  It works only at 10M. Now this is
known to be a driver problem, but (stupid as I am) when I built my RAID
kernel I compiled the driver into the Kernel instead of having it as a
module.  Now, to my knowledge, setting any options in modules.conf doesn't
help (options 3C59x options=12).

The correct solution (I think) would be to compile a new kernel. But I am a
little reluctant to do this as long as I am not sure whether this will help.
So please, encourage me... Would it help to test the option line by typing
this line at the boot prompt?

I am using SuSE 6.0/Kernel 2.0.36.

Thanks for help

Cheers,
Till

------------------------------

From: Bucky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 16:45:21 -0700

I have some answers. I have a dual 333 using a tyan 1862 Motherboard with
128 megs of ram. I can tell you most everything is able to speed up under
the multiple proccessors. I had my kernel compieled for single proccessing
and everything seemed ok, but when I added in SMP even launching apps and
with version 2.2.1 of the kernel. As for launching multiple images of the
same software, I'm pretty sure it is the same as on a single processor
where it will launch multiple images so information doesn't conflict with
eachother.
Kyle
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Subject: Re: Harmony Modem
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Rob Clark)
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 19:03:31 GMT

In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Alessandro Giachino  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>anyone heard of this company?

Heard of them.  Don't know much about them.  Here's their U.S. webpage:
http://www.harmonyusa.com

?

>works under linux?
If I were to guess, the ISA modems with jumpers should be okay, but stay
away from the PCI modems.

Rob Clark, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.o2.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html <--Linux compatibility list