Linux-Hardware Digest #124, Volume #14            Wed, 3 Jan 01 13:13:08 EST

Contents:
  Re: crossover cable (Johan Kullstam)
  Re: ES1371 soundcard setup problem - not the usual one... (Jonathan DeSena)
  How can I configure my hardware modules to load automatically? ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
  Re: Guillemot isis and linux (Valette =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jean=2DS=E9bastien?=)
  RedHat 6.1 does not see the hard disks ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
  UltraDMA66 HD & Linux 6.2? ("Michael Gong")
  Re: unable to format floppy (Julie Brandon)
  Re: Sound record level? (Julie Brandon)
  Re: Modem is "busy" - PCI IRQ Sharing problem (Julie Brandon)
  Re: Hard disk problems with Red Hat 7.0 install (gataway)
  Dual Pentium Processor Motherboards
  Re: Dual Pentium Processor Motherboards ("Mr. Happy")
  Re: Guillemot isis and linux (CBFalconer)
  Re: How to setup internal modem?? (CBFalconer)
  Unable to contact host ("Shjiva")
  irq problem (root)
  Re: HELP!!! Can't install RH 6.2! (Jon Griffin)
  HardHat Linux + Ramdisk (without NFS) (Marcio Koch)
  Re: CD Burner (Aulne)
  adaptec 29160 and linux ("Udo Ebner")

Subject: Re: crossover cable
From: Johan Kullstam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 03 Jan 2001 09:12:52 -0500

"Dan White" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Silviu Minut"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >> Are you actually using a 'crossover' cable or are you using a
> >> 'straight' cable ? The results you indicate would suggest to me that
> >> your crossover cable isn't crossing over.
> >>

> > It's a crossover Cat 5e by Belkin, sealed, from CompUSA. I just
> > exchanged it for another one, same brand same everything. Again, the
> > leds don't light up when I connect it between either card (eth0
> > EtherPower - SMC and eth1 EtherFast - Linksys) to the OTHER computer
> > (eth0 3Com). HOWEVER, when I connect eth0 and eth1 on the SAME computer
> > it works.
>
> The cards may not be autonegotiating properly. Look for the documentation
> for the relevant drivers and try to set them manually to the same speed
> and duplex.
>
> For instance, the tulip documentation found at
>
> http://www.scyld.com/network/tulip.html
>
> allows you to set the speed to 100baseTx and full duplex like this:
>
> modprobe tulip options=3 full_duplex=1

which works on some cards but not others.  i've got a pair of tulip
based cards (both dec 21140) one without M-II and one with.   the
former i can set to 100baseTx-FD but the latter will only autodetect.

--
J o h a n  K u l l s t a m
[[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

------------------------------

From: Jonathan DeSena <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: ES1371 soundcard setup problem - not the usual one...
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 09:09:21 -0500

Simon Brooke wrote:

> I have an ES1371 installed in a twin processor machine running Debian
> 2.2. I have compiled a kernel with the ES1371 driver in, and that is
> undoubtedly the kernel I am using:
>
> bash-2.03$ more /proc/version
> Linux version 2.2.17 (root@gododdin) (gcc version 2.95.2 20000220
> (Debian GNU/Linux)) #12 SMP Fri Dec 22 10:41:19 GMT 2000
>
> As the system starts up, the ES1371 card is correctly found:
>
> bash-2.03$ dmesg | grep es1371
> es1371: version v0.22 time 10:34:24 Dec 22 2000
> es1371: found chip, vendor id 0x1274 device id 0x1371 revision 0x06
> es1371: found es1371 rev 6 at io 0xb800 irq 10
> es1371: features: joystick 0x200
> es1371: codec vendor TRA (0x545241) revision 35 (0x23)
> es1371: codec features none
> es1371: stereo enhancement: no 3D stereo enhancement
>
> The card shows up correctly in interrupts:
>
> gododdin:/usr/src/linux# grep 1371 /proc/interrupts
>  10:        693        882   IO-APIC-level  es1371
>
> And in PCI:
>
> gododdin:/usr/src/linux# grep 1371 /proc/pci
>     Multimedia audio controller: Ensoniq ES1371 (rev 6).
>
> So the card is there and is at least responding to the system. However,
> sound does not work and /dev/sndstat reports that the device isn't
> there:
>
> gododdin:/usr/src/linux# cat /dev/sndstat
> cat: /dev/sndstat: No such device
>
> According to the Sound-HOWTO,
>
> '"No such device" means that sound driver is not loaded
>   or linked into kernel. Go back to section 4.2 to correct this.'
>
> This is emphatically not the case. I have checked, and checked, and
> checked again. I've also compiled kernels with the ES1371 driver as a
> module, but they don't work either (same symptoms).
>
> The sound used to work when the machine was running Mandrake 7.0; there
> have been no hardware changes.
>
> Any suggestions?

I have the same problem (at least the symptoms look the same) for the same
card.  Except, my card has _never_ worked under Linux for me, and that
includes Mandrake versions 6.something, 7.0, 7.1, and 7.2.  I have also
tried many different kernels, including some of the 2.4.0test kernels,
trying both directly compiled in sound and modules.

I even posted to this newsgroup a year or so ago, got some replies, but
nothing worked.  This has been the case now on TWO separate (altough
similar) computers with the same card.   And, yes, I have set the mixer
correctly.

I had pretty much given up on this card, but if you (or anyone with similar
problem) get it working, please explain how.

Thanks,
Jon

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: How can I configure my hardware modules to load automatically?
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 14:20:39 GMT

Hi

I have an SB Live! sound card, HID USB mouse, and a GeForce DDR. I've
just compiled the 2.4-prelease kernel with kmod support. Some of the
modules load automatically like the 3c59x.o for my 3com ethernet card
because I added the statement "alias eth0 3c95x" to my /etc/modules.conf

What are the other aliases for emu10k1, mousdev, hid, uhci-usb,
usbmouse, agpgart? Where can I find
them? /usr/src/linux/Documentation/devices.txt is pretty detailed but
is lacking in some details like char-major-13-63 and can be quite
confusing. I tried adding "alias /dev/audio emu10k1" but kmod won't
load emu10k1 automatically.

I'm running Debian 2.2r2. I know it's possible to add the module name
to /etc/modules but I'd like to know how kmod works.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

------------------------------

From: Valette =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jean=2DS=E9bastien?=
Subject: Re: Guillemot isis and linux
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 15:22:04 +0100

==============0135141EE50F9FD8EF19D57D

For the maxi ISIS there is no driver.

I would like to develop one nut there a big probleme from guillemot.
They don't want to publish the base adress for the dream chip they use.
The only thing I manage to to is to use the ess sound chip with linux :
        Init the sound card in studio mode
        reboot in msdos mode
        the use loadlin.
But it only worked 2 time over more than 20 try n each it worked it was
after a crash at starting windows (with V1.8 of the driver)!

So any help on spying IO made by a prog or a driver under WINDOWS 95
will be helpfull.

Jason Byrne wrote:

> "Jason Byrne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:FLz26.8936$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > "Marty" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> > news:92dqn3$1l0m$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > > Hi!
> > > does anybody have the maxi studio isis by guillemot and knows if there
> are
> > > any drivers so it'll work under linux?
> >
> > I'm not familiar with all the cards from Guillemot... but I have a
> > 'Guillemot Maxi-Gamer Phoenix' (16mb PCI) - which is just a 3dfx Voodoo
> > Banshee (chipset) .. so I follow 3dfx tips for setup.
> >
> > If you can figure out which chipset the card actually uses... you're
> > probably in luck.
>
> oohhh... it's a really fancy soundcard setup ;-) - just checked the
> guillemot site...
>
> I noticed http://www.alsa-project.org has one Guillemot soundcard listed
> (MaxiSound Fortissimo) - don't see any mention of any other Guillemot cards.
>

> > - Jason
> >

> > > if not WHO CAN MAKE ONE!!!
> > >
> > > thanx there!
> > >
> > > Marty

==============0135141EE50F9FD8EF19D57D

begin:vcard
n:Valette;Jean-Sébastien
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:CNMSS;83
adr:;;85 allées de cedres;Six-Fours;VAR;83140;France
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Homme Réseaux
fn:Jean-Sébastien Valette
end:vcard

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RedHat 6.1 does not see the hard disks
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 14:55:54 GMT

Trying to install RedHat 6.1 on my new HP LC2000 system but the
installation does not see the hard disks. The error message given is:
"An error has occurred-no valid devices were found on which to create
new file systems. Please check your hardware for the cause of this
problem."

Have a feeling that the divers for these disks do not exist in which
case I am doomed.

The BIOS sees them, but not the installation. If it helps the disks are:
HP 18.2GB 7200 Ultra3 Wide SCSI-3 HS HDD       (3 pieces)
HP 9.1GB 7200 Ultra3 Wide SCSI-3 LVD HDD       (1 piece)

Does anyone have any ideas?

Regards,

Haris

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

------------------------------

From: "Michael Gong" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: UltraDMA66 HD & Linux 6.2?
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 15:15:00 GMT

I plunge my UltraDMA 66 hard drive(Maxtor)on the 3rd IDE controller of my
ASUS CUBX motherboard. Because 3rd and 4th IDE of ASUS CUBX are for
UltraDMA66 drive.

It works all fine under Windows Me.

I have one Fujisu hd on 1st IDE, one CD-R and one CD-Rom on 2nd IDE. They
can be detected by Linux and are hda, hdc,hdd(I can see from the boot
screen.)

I have Windows Me on Maxtor drive and Linux6.2 on Fujisu.

I hope to let Lilo to make a multi-boot between Windows Me and Linux.

In order to modify lilo.conf file, I have to tell Lilo which drive has
Windows Me.

My question:
Which drive is the 3rd IDE under RedHat Linux6.2?  is it hde?

I am a new user for Linux.

Thanks for any help ahead!

Michael

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Julie Brandon)
Subject: Re: unable to format floppy
Date: 3 Jan 2001 15:07:55 GMT

On 3 Jan 2001 01:21:22 GMT, ken (ken) said:
>unmount the floppy just fine and have no problems reading and writing data
>to and from 1.44Mb floppies as well as 120Mb Superdisks. However, If I try
>to format a floppy disk I get the error message "unable to format floppy -
>device not a floppy device dev/fd0".  Does anyone know of a workaround for
>this???

Guessing (as I don't have one of those drives)...

If I remember correctly, /dev/fd0 is like an "autodetecting" floppy device,
i.e. on the whole you can use it for all types & formats of floppy disks and
it'll autodetect the relevant floppy format when you mount it?

If you put an unformatted disk in, it'll probably not know what format to
use.  As such, you need to specify the device that relates to the specific
format; i.e. /dev/fd0D720 for a Double-Density 720Kb disk, /dev/fd0H1440 for
a standard High-Density 1.44Mb floppy?

However, it could be of course that the problem is different to that, and
perhaps you need an alternative program to format the disk (but I doubt it.)

Ta-ra,
  Julie

PS Just in case you didn't know, your From: header just says "ken."  Now,
I don't think "ken" is a valid e-mail address somehow.  *;-)

--
Julie Brandon, Derby, UK
<URL:http://www.computergeeks.co.uk/>

  +++  See homepage for details of my present E-Bay auctions  +++

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Julie Brandon)
Subject: Re: Sound record level?
Date: 3 Jan 2001 15:08:37 GMT

On Tue, 02 Jan 2001 20:28:16 -0500, Mark Bratcher ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) said:
>Hi all,
>
>I apologize if this is not the right forum for this question, but it is
>hardware related...
>
>I have a SoundBlaster PCI 512 card, and I'm looking for a GUI sound
>recorder for Linux that works something like Creative's small sound
>recording app. In other words, I want to record from the "line in" and
>see the input levels so I can set the levels properly, and I want to be
>able to start and stop and get separate WAV files that way. My RedHat
>6.2 with Gnome has an ESD volume meter, but it doesn't seem to apply
>when using ESD recording...
>
>Any ideas?

"Broadcast 2000" for all your Linux audio recording & processing needs.
*8-)

Ta-ra,

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Julie Brandon)
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.setup
Subject: Re: Modem is "busy" - PCI IRQ Sharing problem
Date: 3 Jan 2001 15:11:23 GMT

On Tue, 02 Jan 2001 19:43:28 -0800, Nader ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) said:
>What kernel version did you use?

v2.2.17 & v2.2.18

(serial v5.05 needs a very tiny patch to compile on v2.2.18, give me a shout
if you want the patch)

Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 22:53:04 +0800
From: gataway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Hard disk problems with Red Hat 7.0 install

This is what the OS prompt me

"can't find file to patch at input line 565
Perhaps you use the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading to this was :
=================
|diff -urN linux-2.2.16-pristine/arch/mips/lib/ide-no.c
linux-2.2.16/arch/mips/lib/ide-no.c
|--- linux-2.2.16-pristine/arch/mips/lib/ide-no.c
|+++ linux-2.2.16/archmips/lib/ide-no.c
=================
File to patch :"

Then i press enter it ask me whether to skip patch ,so i skip it.
But the next line i encounter the same problem again.
This time it was
=================
|diff -urN linux-2.2.16-pristine/arch/mips/lib/ide-std.c
linux-2.2.16/arch/mips/lib/ide-std.c

------------------------------

From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Dual Pentium Processor Motherboards
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 16:30:04 -0000

Hi,
   I am looking for a Dual Pentium Processor Motherboards which could
support 2 Processor upto 1Ghz speed. Could anyone here let me know where
can i find the best motherboard.

   Also i would appreciate if i could find a good website for linux
compatible hardware. The linux h/w db is pretty large with poor search.

Regards

Pavan

From: "Mr. Happy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Dual Pentium Processor Motherboards
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 11:36:58 -0500

Most of the new dual via motherboards should be fine.  The only ones i had a
problem with are the i840 motherboards.  My recommendation is the abit VP6
or the msi 694-d.

From: CBFalconer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 16:57:32 GMT

Valette Jean-Sébastien wrote:

> For the maxi ISIS there is no driver.
>
> I would like to develop one nut there a big probleme from guillemot.
> They don't want to publish the base adress for the dream chip they use.
> The only thing I manage to to is to use the ess sound chip with linux :
>         Init the sound card in studio mode
>         reboot in msdos mode
>         the use loadlin.
> But it only worked 2 time over more than 20 try n each it worked it was
> after a crash at starting windows (with V1.8 of the driver)!
>
> So any help on spying IO made by a prog or a driver under WINDOWS 95
> will be helpfull.

If you have working initialization under MSDOS, why don't you get
ida37fw.zip from Simtel and disassemble the driver.  That should
give you the various ports and constants needed.

I have NO idea what this thing is, but I consider it completely
unethical to sell a piece of hardware without describing its use
and interface.  A firm is welcome to have trade secrets on the
other side of the connector pins, though.

--
Chuck F ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
([EMAIL PROTECTED])

------------------------------

From: CBFalconer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: How to setup internal modem??
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 16:57:35 GMT

"Matthias Buchmeier (4273)" wrote:

>    Part 1.1    Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
>            Encoding: 7bit

If you want answers DO NOT USE HTML.  I routinely skip all such
postings, and recommend that others do the same.

Stamp out HTML in newsgroups.  It is a security problem in
addition to a nuisance.

From: "Shjiva" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Unable to contact host
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 17:59:15 +0100

Hello,
I am
a Linux newbie myself and I have a problem. I use SuSe Linux 6.3 and I've
installed it without any great problem. When I got a connection and I open
Netscape it gives me an error that he can't find the server, but the
connection is there. I have a USR 56K external modem on COM2.
Please helpme......

------------------------------

From: root <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: irq problem
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 17:19:51 GMT

hi
i have this problem with irq's
i cannot load my scsi card (advansys)
this is the situation: 1 isa sound-card, 1 isa 3c509 nic card, 1 isa
ne2000 nic card,
1 advansys pci card, 1 agp video card.
3 pci slots are still free
all isa slots are occupied

i have tried to load the advansys module in several ways, using
modprobe, using insmod, specifying irq, specifying io
e.g. modprobe advansys irq=9 io=0xe400

here are some screen dumps

[root@C3829572 /root]# cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
  0:     210599          XT-PIC  timer
  1:       1033          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  4:      67099          XT-PIC  serial
  8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
 10:       5498          XT-PIC  eth0
 13:          1          XT-PIC  fpu
 14:      20476          XT-PIC  ide0
NMI:          0

[root@C3829572 /root]# cat /proc/ioports
0000-001f : dma1
0020-003f : pic1
0040-005f : timer
0060-006f : keyboard
0070-007f : rtc
0080-008f : dma page reg
00a0-00bf : pic2
00c0-00df : dma2
00f0-00ff : fpu
01f0-01f7 : ide0
0210-021f : 3c509
02f8-02ff : serial(auto)
03c0-03df : vga+
03f6-03f6 : ide0
03f8-03ff : serial(auto)
f000-f007 : ide0
f008-f00f : ide1

[root@C3829572 /root]# cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
  0:     216318          XT-PIC  timer
  1:       1139          XT-PIC  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  4:      68782          XT-PIC  serial
  8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
 10:       5528          XT-PIC  eth0
 13:          1          XT-PIC  fpu
 14:      20894          XT-PIC  ide0
NMI:          0

[root@C3829572 /root]# cat /proc/pci
PCI devices found:
  Bus  0, device   0, function  0:
    Host bridge: Intel 440LX - 82443LX PAC Host (rev 3).
      Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  Master Capable.
Latency=32.
      Prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xe0000000 [0xe0000008].
  Bus  0, device   1, function  0:
    PCI bridge: Intel 440LX - 82443LX PAC AGP (rev 3).
      Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  Master Capable.
Latency=64.
 Min Gnt=10.
  Bus  0, device   7, function  0:
    ISA bridge: Intel 82371AB PIIX4 ISA (rev 2).
      Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  Master Capable.  No
bursts.
  Bus  0, device   7, function  1:
    IDE interface: Intel 82371AB PIIX4 IDE (rev 1).
      Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  Master Capable.
Latency=32.
      I/O at 0xf000 [0xf001].
  Bus  0, device   7, function  2:
    USB Controller: Intel 82371AB PIIX4 USB (rev 1).
      Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  Master Capable.
Latency=32.
      I/O at 0xe000 [0xe001].
  Bus  0, device   7, function  3:
    Bridge: Intel 82371AB PIIX4 ACPI (rev 2).
      Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.
  Bus  0, device  10, function  0:
    SCSI storage controller: Advanced System Products ABP940 (rev 0).
      Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  Master Capable.  No
bursts.
Min Gnt=4.Max Lat=4.
      I/O at 0xe400 [0xe401].
  Bus  1, device   0, function  0:
    VGA compatible controller: Silicon Integrated Systems 3D-AGP 6326
VGA (rev
195).
      Medium devsel.  Master Capable.  Latency=32.  Min Gnt=2.
      Prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xe7000000 [0xe7000008].
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xe5000000 [0xe5000000].
      I/O at 0xd000 [0xd001].

When i remove all card except the agp and scsi card it works fine

thanks for any help
piet

------------------------------

From: Jon Griffin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: HELP!!! Can't install RH 6.2!
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 17:23:46 GMT

Why are you typing expert to do an install. Are you really an
"expert"?

------------------------------

From: Marcio Koch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.arch.embedded,comp.os.linux.development.system,comp.os.linux.powerpc
Subject: HardHat Linux + Ramdisk (without NFS)
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 17:46:52 GMT

  I'm trying to make the HardHat (Montavista CDK 1.2) Linux kernel 2.2.14 for
the bseip engine load a ramdisk and mount its root fs from that. But it
refuses to see the ramdisk that I've loaded with the kernel.  I tried to load
as described in the BSEIP engine Manual and in the HardHat manual too, but it
only works when  I use the kernel and the ramdisk from the bseip packege. If
I try to use the HardHat kernel and any ramdisk it don't work. I tryed using
rdev on the resulting image and it didn't worked too.

This is when I build a image without the bootlo.bin, from BSE, with the
kernel from HardHat (../mbxboot/zImage) and the ramdisk.gz from BSE :

>bload /ftpboot/build/image-test 200000
tftp load error
 done
>bload /tftpboot/build/image-test 200000
 done
>go 210000loaded at:     00210000 0021B1FC
relocated to:  00180000 0018B1FC
board data at: 001801C8 001801E4
relocated to:  00200100 0020011C
zimage at:     00216000 0027E248
avail ram:     0027F000 01000000

Linux/PPC load:
Uncompressing Linux...done.
Now booting the kernel
Linux version 2.2.14 ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) (gcc version 2.95.2
199910300Boot arguments:
time_init: decrementer frequency = 180000000/60
Calibrating delay loop... 47.62 BogoMIPS
Memory: 15284k available (652k kernel code, 416k data, 32k init)
[c0000000,c100]Dentry hash table entries: 2048 (order 2, 16k)
Buffer cache hash table entries: 16384 (order 4, 64k)
Page cache hash table entries: 4096 (order 2, 16k)
POSIX conformance testing by UNIFIX
Linux NET4.0 for Linux 2.2
Based upon Swansea University Computer Society NET3.039
NET4: Unix domain sockets 1.0 for Linux NET4.0.
NET4: Linux TCP/IP 1.0 for NET4.0
IP Protocols: ICMP, UDP, TCP
TCP: Hash tables configured (ehash 16384 bhash 16384)
Initializing RT netlink socket
Starting kswapd v 1.5
CPM UART driver version 0.03
ttyS00 at 0x0280 is a SMC
ttyS01 at 0x0380 is a SMC
pty: 256 Unix98 ptys configured
RAM disk driver initialized:  16 RAM disks of 6144K size
loop: registered device at major 7
eth0: CPM ENET Version 0.2, 00:50:15:00:03:84
PPP: version 2.3.7 (demand dialling)
TCP compression code copyright 1989 Regents of the University of California
PPP line discipline registered.
Sending BOOTP requests.... OK
IP-Config: Got BOOTP answer from 172.16.0.1, my address is 172.16.0.77
VFS: Cannot open root device 00:00
Rebooting in 180 seconds..

And this is when I use the bootlo.bin(BSE) + kernel(HardHat -
../coffboot/vmlinux.gz) + ramdisk.gz(BSE) :

>bload /tftpboot/build/image-test 200000
 done
>go 200000sinit
Start Mar 18 1999 17:15:49
loaded at:     00200000 00212BBC
relocated to:  00100000 00112BBC
board data at: 001002B4 001002D0
relocated to:  00200100 0020011C
zimage at:     00206300 0025E548 cksum: 0000CD81
relocated to:  00FA7000 00FFF248
initrd at:     0025E548 00405AD0 cksum: 00006E1B
relocated to:  00DFF000 00FA6588
avail ram:     0025F000 00600000

Linux/PPC load:
Uncompressing Linux...done.
Now booting the kerne˙
Boot: BSE 1998 Dec 28 1999

Any help would be apreciated.
thanks.

Marcio

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

------------------------------

From: Aulne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.os.linux,alt.os.linux.mandrake,alt.uu.comp.os.linux.questions
Subject: Re: CD Burner
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 17:52:29 GMT

> I agree with this wholeheartedly. I just got my first CRW a week ago. I
> installed XCDROAST (.98test8). I just help the mouse pointer over the
> buttons and read the pop-ups. So far I've made almost 20 cdrs without a
> bad one, and that's with the cheap $20.00 for a 100 cdrs.

Still on the subject, any opinions on having the CD burner positioned
vertically?  My PC tower lays down on its side.  Could this cause any problem
with burning CDs?  anyone got experience with this?  My CD burner is a TEAC
CD-W54E.

Cheers,

Alain

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

------------------------------

From: "Udo Ebner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: adaptec 29160 and linux
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 18:59:39 +0100

i'd like to install suse linux 7.0 personal edition, and i can boot the
system about my scsi-cd-rom drive with the suse cd. but if it starts to load
the kernel it looses the scsi controller.

at the homepages from suse and adaptec i could read, that the controller
will be supported.

i couldn't find a modul, whith which it runs.

please help me