Linux-Hardware Digest #448, Volume #14            Wed, 7 Mar 01 10:13:12 EST

Contents:
  Driver for framegrabber DT3152 (Michael Maassen)
  HPT366 Problem? (phil b.)

From: Michael Maassen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Driver for framegrabber DT3152
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 14:08:31 +0100

Hi,
does anybody know where to find a driver for
the framegrabber DT3152 from Datatranslation?
Or about documentation to write a driver?

Please let me know...
Thanks, Mic.
--
Michael Maassen
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (phil b. )
Subject: HPT366 Problem?
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 14:07:15 GMT

   I'm using the onboard HPT366 on an Abit BP6.  I have had two drives on the
first controller on it doing raid0 for months now.  I installed another drive
on secondary controller on it and when doing a mke2fs the system was alive but
unusable due to high load.  Looking at what had happened I got this to start
off with:

Mar  6 19:04:11 shofixti kernel: hdg: timeout waiting for DMA
Mar  6 19:04:11 shofixti kernel: ide_dmaproc: chipset supported
ide_dma_timeout func only: 14
Mar  6 19:04:11 shofixti kernel: hdg: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Mar  6 19:04:11 shofixti kernel: hdg: DMA disabled

and then throughout the mke2fs process I received this:

Mar  6 19:05:02 shofixti kernel: hdg: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Mar  6 19:05:33 shofixti kernel: ide3: reset timed-out, status=0x80
Mar  6 19:05:46 shofixti kernel: hdg: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Mar  6 19:05:46 shofixti kernel: ide3: reset: success

This is on a patched 2.2.17 kernel using Andre Hedrick's ide patch, which
appears to be the 9/4/2000 one.