On 01/30/2017 11:11 PM, Andrea Merello wrote:
On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 3:24 PM, Guenter Roeck <li...@roeck-us.net> wrote:
On 01/30/2017 01:40 AM, Andrea Merello wrote:

This patch adds a HWMON driver for ST Microelectronics STTS751
temperature sensors.

Overall looks good. One thing I noticed, though: In the log function calls,
you use a mix of priv->dev and &client->dev as log device. Also, you
sometimes
use &priv->client->dev even when a local client variable is available.
I can fix up the latter (no need to resend for that), but please have a
look at the overall use and either send a fixed up version or let me know
if the log devices are all intentional as-is.

Hmm, you are right: there is a bit of mess here. It's not intentional indeed..

I gave a look to lm90.c and lm63.c; it seems no one uses the hwmon
device for this purpose. We can probably stick to &client->dev or
&priv->client->dev when a local client variable is not already
available.

It is really your call as the driver's author to make if you want to use
the hwmon device or &client->dev.

Also, it looks like we can change some &priv->client->dev in
&client->dev in probe function when calling i2c read/write functions.

If you ACK, I'll fix and resend.

SGTM.

Thanks,
Guenter