> > Right. I was also hoping to rid of cpu_is_xxx usage. The only other way
> > I could think of is to add pinmux index into i2c platform data struct.
> > What do you think is the best approach?
> >

> I think passing pinmux index through platform data is fair.
>
> Thanks,
> Sekhar

I recently was told of a clever solution for this issue which I documented here:

http://wiki.davincidsp.com/index.php/I2C_Tips#External_Slave_Device_Hanging_the_Bus_by_Holding_SDA_Low

Basically the solution was to switch to "free data format" and perform a read.
This will cause the I2C to start toggling SCL.  I mention it here because I
think the "free data format" mode is available on most processors.  (The only
device I know that does NOT support "free data format" is OMAP35x.)  You might
have a lot less processor-specific code with this approach and it would be
applicable to more devices.

I don't have any time to write the code/patch myself, but I thought I would at
least toss the idea out there.

Brad