On 01/14/2011 01:48 PM, Ben Dooks wrote:
On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 09:30:07PM +0100, Jean Delvare wrote:
Hi Dirk,

On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 11:27:27 -0800, dirk.brande...@gmail.com wrote:
From: Dirk Brandewie<dirk.brande...@gmail.com>

This patch set splits i2c-designware.c core and bus specific portions
in to support the Designware core being behind a PCI device.

The Intel Moorsetown and Medfield SOC's are supported in the PCI
portion of the driver.

We already have the i2c-intel-mid driver for Moorsetown and Medfield.
Why would we need another driver?

I was tasked with fixing a couple of bugs i2c-intel-mid.c and adding support for another upcoming platform. While I was coming up to speed on the driver I "discovered" the i2c-designware.c driver. After talking with AlanC and Shinya it seemed like the right thing to do to merge the two drivers. The patch set adds a parallel driver ATM moment until it get some good test. Once it gets more test I plan on adding patches to remove i2c-intel-mid.c and update current i2c-designware.c driver to use the merged driver.

--Dirk

Maybe we could delete those and use this instead.

I wish I put my foot down and asked them to re-used the dw one otherwise
we'll just end up with driver creep....